I'm getting "Error: 34" when I boot my laptop.

By flihyte
Jan 15, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. :( yes, whenever I log onto my user (or any other) on my laptop, I get a tiny pop-up notice that reads "Error: 34". sometimes it will pop up 2 copies, but recently just one.

I'm thinking the fact that I can't open my Task Manager through both ctrl+alt+del and right clicking the task bar (which are the only methods I know) is directly related to this.

I also believe there's some tasks running that are destroying my cpu's speed.

WHAT DO I DO TO RID MYSELF OF THIS MENACE?!

here's the screenshot... the taskbar thing says "Protection error", and has a logo resembling the aol thing...

[​IMG]
  2. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,067   +13

read the posting rules and people will help you.
    We need a HJT log, an anti-virus scan results, and anti-trojan scan results. You need to use at least 3 different types of anti-trojan programs.
    boot in safe mode before running.
  3. flihyte

flihyte Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

thanks for the warm welcome to the forum... T_T

I managed to find a friend who had the same problem and he fixed it effortlessly. Thanks for looking, though.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.