Installing 775 cpu/mobo question

Status
Not open for further replies.
–for the first time in my pc life, I’ve decided to switch over from being a loyal amd fanboy to intel (I know its hurting me to, sorry amd guys –cant we all just get along?) anyway, I bought an evga 780i and an E8400 –now its time to install cpu, no big deal, right? Then I see that the pins are on the mobo? What tha –its now much more essential I see to be careful, or you could ruin a whole motherboard –so I’ve read 2 different ways to install –take off the protective plastic cover, then install –and other way saying leave it on, and when you pull down plate and lock, it will pop off –so, just wondering which way do you guys suggest ? I know either way will probably work, but I’d like to know which way your supposed to do it

[deleted by moderator]

Apply 2 teaspoons of thermal compound ( flour and water will do if you dont have any), place your heatsink CAREFULLY on to the compound and stand on top of it to "bed" it in.

Hope this helps :)

Or you can take it out the packet and just touch the sides of the processor. It should not take any force to install it. if it does, stop and check you got it lined up correctly.

funny guy huh -I hope you arent thinking I was talking about the plastic box the cpu comes in- I'm talking about the plastic cover that comes on the motherboard socket -If thats what you thought, I could see why your making fun -if not, then I dont, since there is 2 different ways suggested out there, its not unreasonable to want to know the correct way-

Sorry i woke up in a silly mood today.. Take the cover off imo. just dont force anything

And sadly yes.. i did think you meant the processor packaging. Doh!!.

its already been installed and running for a few days now -just took it off without the pop-off method -really didnt need to ask I guess

if you already have installed it and running your pc,why you are asking???????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back