Iranian scientist says he has built a machine that can predict the future

Shawn Knight

Staff member

A scientist from Tehran, Iran, claims to have invented a machine that can predict the future of an individual with 98 percent accuracy. 27-year-old Ali Razeghi, managing director of Iran’s Centre for Strategic Inventions, said the device uses a complex set of algorithms to predict anywhere between five and eight years of a person’s life.

Razeghi, a man with 179 other inventions under his belt, said he has been working on The Aryayek Time Traveling Machine for the last 10 years. The machine is small enough to fit inside a personal computer case. It won’t take people to the future but it will bring the future to you, he said.

The inventor intends to market the device to states as well as individuals once it reaches mass production. He said that Iran’s government could predict military confrontation with enemy nations and forecast fluctuations with regard to foreign currencies and oil prices.

Friends and family have allegedly criticized the project for “trying to play God” with people’s lives and history. Razeghi noted the device isn’t meant to meddle with religious values at all. What’s more, he said Americans are spending millions trying to create something he has already invented at a fraction of the cost.

A prototype isn’t being release just yet because they believe the Chinese will steal the idea and mass produce it overnight. Naturally, we’ll remain skeptical until the device is successfully demonstrated to the public.

Permalink to story.

A prototype isn?t being release just yet because they believe the Chinese will steal the idea and mass produce it overnight.
Speaking as somebody who doesn't claim to have access to and form of time travel or pre-cognitive technology (unless you count my Magic 8 ball), I could've told them that the Chinese would steal their idea and mass produce it overnight. Your patents are no longer valid in China.

It must be broken.. I put in 10 seconds from now and it says I'm dead. It obviously must be wronggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
--Connection Terminated--

'A prototype isn’t being release just yet because they believe the Chinese will steal the idea and mass produce it overnight.'

I bet this was it's first prediction!

...which means the prototype will never be released
...which means the prediction could never have been made
...which is why I love time travel!

Must be fake, I didn't see a Flux Capacitor.
The flux capacitor, which consists of a rectangular shaped compartment with three flashing Geissler style-tubes (arranged in a "Y" configuration), is described by Doc as "what makes time travel possible." The device is the core component of the time machine.

Must be fake, I didn't see a Flux Capacitor.
The flux capacitor, which consists of a rectangular shaped compartment with three flashing Geissler style-tubes (arranged in a "Y" configuration), is described by Doc as "what makes time travel possible." The device is the core component of the time machine.

As a electronics repair tech that statement always makes my head hurt.

Will that technology be in the next iphone? I can only imagine myself asking Siri: "Hey Siri, what will happen next?"

To predict consequences out of intention is quite a big statement. I clicked on this link presuming that this scientist stated that he's able to predict consequences that can be causally deduced...also with the intentions of rebuking him. I don't know whether he's nuts or the next genius. Coming from Iran, I put my money on the latter...

Anything the Iranians say is as credible as if the North Koreans said it.

= outrageously stupid lie/propaganda.

Next they will have found Santa, for real

[FONT=Georgia]Unfair journalism: voiceless Iranian scientific community under humiliation.[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia]I have been astonished to see a widespread piece of news about an alleged invention of a “time machine” by an Iranian citizen.[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia]Although the essence of the story is definitely true, the coverage is not in accord with the fair practice of reporting. The title and the content – which are reproduced in almost the same way everywhere else – are purportedly about an “Iranian scientist”. However, I wonder why the reporter could not distinguish between an academician/scientist and a crackpot. Crackpots of this kind can be found all over the world and no one would call them “scientist” or “researcher”.[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia]It seems that the report relies merely upon another piece of news from the state-organised “Fars News Agency” <[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fars_News_Agency[/FONT][FONT=Georgia] >. In the correct journalistic practice, one should not rely on a single source, especially when the source is proven to be unreliable in many cases (as it is the case with “Fars News Agency”). Even going further from [/FONT][FONT=Georgia]Fars News[/FONT][FONT=Georgia], one can look up [/FONT][FONT=Georgia]Tabnak[/FONT][FONT=Georgia] (another news agency close to the state) to find out:[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia]“Time machine or a tool to deride the Iranian nation?!” (11.Apr.2013) (in Persian) <[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]http://www.tabnak.ir/fa/print/313080[/FONT][FONT=Courier New] >[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia]So, even the agencies close to the state had not taken that piece of news by the face value. If one goes further away from the state, one could see:[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia]“Interview with an Iranian claiming invention of the time machine” (10.Apr.2013) (in Persian) <[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]http://sharghdaily.ir/?News_Id=7208[/FONT][FONT=Courier New] >[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia]Thus, I believe that the Telegraph report (marred by the current political atmosphere of Iran) have accepted some piece of news from a single (unreliable) source without the necessary critical judgment.[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia]Mr Razeghi (the pseudo-scientist) had merely some [/FONT][FONT=Georgia]claim[/FONT][FONT=Georgia]s of invention. He had [/FONT][FONT=Georgia]claimed[/FONT][FONT=Georgia] to be “the head of Iran’s [/FONT][FONT=Georgia]Center for Strategic Inventions[/FONT][FONT=Georgia]”. This alleged “center” (“markaz e hedāyat e rāhbordi e mokhtare’in va ebtekārāt e keshvar” = Center for Strategic Orientation of Inventors and Inventions of the Country !) is not an official organisation at all. See [/FONT][FONT=Georgia]e.g.[/FONT][FONT=Georgia] the registration notice (in Persian):[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]http://www.niazerooz.com/keys/cat-638/%D8%AA%D8%A7%DB%8C%DB%8C%D8%AF%DB%8C%D9%87-%D8%B9%D9%84%D9%85%DB%8C/458217.htm[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia]Many people in Iran can register such “centers” with fancy titles. Just to make a comparison, look at “Quantum AetherDynamics Institute” for a typical example of American pseudo-science:[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]https://sites.google.com/site/qadi16pi2/[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia]Surely, a reporter would not call this (alleged) fancy “institute” and its personnel as “scientists” or “researchers”; otherwise s/he would receive harsh criticism from the American scientific communities and this would adversely affect her/his journalistic background. Now, I wonder why the same rule should not apply to the case of the Iranian scientific community that is rendered voiceless under a vociferous Islamic state propaganda.[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia]Finally, I’d like to emphasize that the burgeoning Iranian scientific community is under tremendous pressure from (at least) two sides: first, the repressive autocratic Islamic regime which aims at its total subjugation (or even, annihilation in the case of modern humanities), and second, the international powers in terms of harsh sanctions, severe limitations on international scientific collaborations and access to research facilities.[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia]Therefore, publishing such a blatantly incorrect report in a mainstream medium (like the [/FONT][FONT=Georgia]Telegraph[/FONT][FONT=Georgia]) amounts only to increased pressure and humiliation for a community which is imperilled even now.[/FONT]

"Iranian scientist" Yeah, if you're American it will tell you your future. "You will be murdered for being an infidel." Some scientist HE is.

C'mon guys lets get off the racist crap. We are all human who whether or not we want to admit it, have all done and would do again the same crap in the name of our country.

lol I don't know about you but I've never slaved or murdered anyone. And I wouldn't kill innocent people in the name of my country regardless of what the government tells you.

lol I don't know about you but I've never slaved or murdered anyone. And I wouldn't kill innocent people in the name of my country regardless of what the government tells you.
Thats just it isn't it, governments are the representing body for all people. What you or I would do is irrelevant when we are being represented by our government regardless of our desires. This is the very reason I ask for the racist crap to stop. It's not the people that are fighting each other, it's our governments fighting each other.

Perfect scheme, sell "time machines" to the infidels thats actually explosives and once you've sold a million or so just hit the "mass detonate" button.

Well played Iran. Also why is this obvious bogus article all over the news sites?! Clearly this is a lame hoax.

Back