KFA2 intros GTX 560 Ti that supports five displays

By Matthew
Aug 4, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. The crew over at KFA2 (a part of Galaxy) has unveiled a set of Nvidia graphics cards that feature improved support for multi-display configurations: a GeForce GTX 560 Ti that…

Read the whole story
  2. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TS Evangelist Posts: 1,267   +101

AHK seemed to create a false-positive on my companies antivirus... hope it was only a false-positive as the nature of the program seems that it's likely to happen...

So how do these five displays connect to this? Mini-display port? Requiring an adapter to HDMI? ...which are "illegal" now?

After looking it up... I still only see two DVI ports and what looks like a mini HDMI port. Are these DVI ports actually that odd pin DVI looking connector that supports two monitors? I have no idea what it's called.... maybe I missed this in the article, sorry.

On the main page of the article, I think most people would prefer to see the connector side of the card, rather than the back in. (IMO)
  3. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,889   +645

DVI-D basically twice the amount of pins of a normal DVI connector and has an adaptor which splits into 2 standard DVI inputs to allow 2 displays, by the looks of things, this is how it does it.
  4. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TS Evangelist Posts: 1,267   +101

Ahh, yes. You knew exactly what I was talking about.
  5. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,889   +645

To be fair the article just calls them "DVI" ports, I had to google the product page to make sure it was DVI-D :)
  6. ---agissi---

---agissi--- TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,977   +15

So if it runs off DVI Y-cables can it still do extended desktops? That makes me think it can only clone.
  7. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,891   +1,258

Not certain?
    Unsure of its feature set?

No reason to live in an uninformed world...unless it's by choice (or the net works differently in the outer planets of the solar system. My advice; head out of Uranus- Earth's where it's at!)