KOTOR Problem Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyX

can somebody please help me?
i am playing KOTOR for the first time and i am getting a really frustrating problem.I am getting around 3 FPS at the main menu of the game and 1, yes 1 FPS in the new game screen. My comp:

1 GB RAM
Intel Pentium D @ 2.66 GHZ and 2.66 GHz
ATi Radeon Xpress 200 Series Chipset 256 MB @ 400 MHz
80 GB HD

can somebody suggest a solution? thanks

Your videocard is just plain garbage. It is an integrated vidoecard, and thus is meant for office use, not gaming. Can you tell us which make and model your computer is and we can help you select a new videocard to run the game MUCH better.

if i understood your question correctly ,my computer is not branded. otherwise please explain. Forget about suggesting a new video card. My parents wont let me get one. Isn't there any alternative solution? Like changing my catalyst control center ( Downgrading to 4.2 or 5.6 or upgrading to 7.1)? and please tell me another thing. I get around 8 FPS in oblivion. is that normal or am i supposed to get higher FPS? and in GTA San Andreas i get around 20 FPS at max settings.
Is this proper or should i be getting higher FPS?

integrated graphic adapters don't have enough power to run high end games. Granted branded ones like ATI integrated are better than the intel ones, or SIS integrated etc, it still falls short hardware wise. Reason being that it needs to share system resources with the rest of the PC, rather than a proper card that has its own dedicated RAM and processing chip.

Most pcs with integrated graphics usually are from OEM/prebuilt manufacturers (HP, Sony, Dell etc), laptops, (hence why he thought you had one of the above) or budget systems.

If you can't get a proper card, then maybe a driver update can fix some of the issues, but its not guaranteed, as its to do with hardware more so than software. You will need to check that the latest driver pack can be used with your adapter.

Otherwise, turn off all other background processes, close any other windows and set the in-game graphic settings to minimum and you should get a decent/playable FPS. Minus most of the the eye candy you would've paid for in the game (which is what most people want to look at)

i applied catalyst 7.1 but no changes occured and the graphics settings in the game are at min. but no changes still. i tried the game on my friend's pc and he has an integrated 64 MB intel chipset and the game worked perfectly. any other suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back