TechSpot

Laptop with chipset Video card anything I can do?

By drneves7
May 3, 2008
  1. Well Me and my GF got in on the Age of Conan open Beta and it has been a bummer because her pc won't play it. I guess I kind of figured why but didn't want to check because I am afraid I know the answer. Her video card or lack there of isn't enough to play the game is there anything we can do here is what she has.

Video Card Minimum: 128 MB DirectX 9.0c Graphics Card with Shader 2.0 support (NVIDIA GeForce 6800+ / ATI Radeon 9800+)

You Have: Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family ()
    FAIL: Sorry, your video card does not meet this minimum requirement.

Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card Video RAM: Required - 128 MB , You have - 256.0 MB

Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - Yes

Video HW Transform & Lighting: Required - Yes , You have - No

Vertex Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 0.0

Pixel Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 2.0

Any help would be awesome.

Thanks a Bunch Dominic

2. GameJunkie72792

GameJunkie72792 TS Maniac Posts: 274

well, the GMA doesnt have the balls for any gaming except the occasional game of GTA, unfortunately alot of laptops arent upgradable in the video aspects.

but some are, i doubt that this one is or that it would even be worth it really.

3. drneves7

drneves7 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 82

So basically a dead fish :( that sucks it does ok with wow and graphics aren't a big issue to her so mostly we just want to play even on the games lowest settings. Looks like I am going to have to look into building her a pc. Bummer for me and yay for her lol.

4. GameJunkie72792

GameJunkie72792 TS Maniac Posts: 274

yea, unfortunately.

w00t for a new build lol

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.