TechSpot

Leaked: Duke Nukem Forever for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360

By Emil
Jun 7, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. A few hours ago, Duke Nukem Forever leaked to private torrent sites, and now it has arrived on public torrent sites as well. The English version is thus available a…

Read the whole story

2. dotVezz

dotVezz TS Enthusiast Posts: 117

Gotta say, this is both surprising and not surprising at all.

Good for people who can use it (not me though... no console here)

3. I'd laugh if it's actually been distributed by Gearbox this way and they are just using is as marketing.

4. be_patient

be_patient TS Rookie Posts: 105

I'm really getting sick of all these games/developers getting hacked/leaked.

5. tacobfm

tacobfm TS Rookie Posts: 59

Y u no leak for pc.

6. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

Until someone plays it I don't believe in its existence.

7. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,565   +333

Haha, I've played the PC demo, it's real, it plays well, looks a bit dated but I'm glad Duke is back.

8. Per Hansson

Per Hansson TS Server Guru Posts: 1,932   +126 Staff Member

Yea, I've played the PC Demo too, was good fun (tho a bit short)
    I preordered the PC version of the game for the second time in my life yesterday after playing the demo :)
    First time I preordered it was around '98 or so, don't have the receipt sadly :(

9. ramonsterns

ramonsterns TS Enthusiast Posts: 752   +12

PC Gaming is finished thanks to all those nasty pirates we have, I see why all the developers like to kiss up to the consoles.

Oh wait, just kidding.

10. Just hang / execute pirates and your piracy problem will be history.

11. ramonsterns

Sure, bro.

But I think there's other people in the front of the line who need to go first.

12. Pirates don't leak IP's... employees do.

13. yukka

yukka TechSpot Paladin Posts: 727   +30

I played the demo. Old gameplay, terrible driving level, not very funny. Graphics poor. Cod style health regen. Nothing new, nothing that makes you think "oh that's cool". Where are all the hidden secrets, the concentration of enemies that would bring about epic firefights on lvl1? My mate agrees and we used to live on wireplay and dn3d. Forever isn't worth 30quid. **** nostalgia, based on the demo its a poor game. Very dissappointing.

14. Benny26

Benny26 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,576   +47

Doesn't it even qualify in the "It's so bad, It's good" catagory?

Because that's where the Duke's like to normally sit.

15. Pretty much. I've played the demo as well and was expecting a nice trip down nostalgia lane with the ability to carry than two guns health packs instead of regenerating health and less than pathetic HP (At one point during the demo you need to shoot down a small aircraft, however a round of shots from it would put me on critical health! So it was a case of trading blows and then hiding till my health regenerated...).

It seems as though Duke Nukem Forever is somewhere between Duke Nukem 3D, and every other FPS churned out today, without being as good or matching up to either.

16. yukka

yukka TechSpot Paladin Posts: 727   +30

When Duke 3D came out it was well ahead of the pack. Where Doom was of course excellent, Duke had jetpacks and trip mines with some deathmatch games taking place flying between different sky scrapers. There have been a few side scrolling games since then and I have avoided them. Duke was a good character but what made him great was the game he was in. I can see why they never got round to releasing it before but its one of those things where maybe they shouldn't have bothered.

I question whether its as bad as daikatana. But I guess no one was saying Duke Nukem Forever was going to be good - it was released just to release it. But £29.99? Crazy.

17. pcnthuziast

pcnthuziast TS Rookie Posts: 313

When vapor becomes a steaming turd... explain that Hawking! smh lol

18. ramonsterns

A wizard did it.

19. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,355   +402

I always felt this game was going to be a dog. Too much hype, too long in development, too many fingers in the pie and the concept of the game has outgrown it's novelty from what - 15 years ago? So I'll wait until I see it in the $5.00 bin on Steam a year from now.

As far as the pirating, it just makes me wonder how long before major developers say "screw it" and go with Farmville type games instead and leave the whole PC/console gaming and pirating behind. Plenty of money to be made in those types of casual Facebook games.

20. gwailo247

The scientific term is deposition. =)

Although I think you're describing the scenario when you think you're just going to fart, but end up crapping your pants. I'm sure there is a word for it in German.

edit by LNCPapa: Still a family friendly forum ;)

21. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,392   +16

I don't think this will really hurt DNF, it's been 14 years now and I would guess majority of gamers already made up their minds if they want it or not.

Regarding the game, I too played the demo and enjoyed it. Just wish Duke could carry more then two guns =/ .

22. gwailo247

I actually assumed it would be autocensored, my bad. Should have said evacuated. (Thanks to The Wire for teaching me how to properly use that word).

23. ddg4005

ddg4005 TS Booster Posts: 267   +29

So much for consoles being the more secure platform for gaming.

24. ddg4005

ddg4005 TS Booster Posts: 267   +29

Ah yes The Wire. Love that show.

25. ramonsterns

Actually, there isn't.

They'll make a clone and fail.

See World of Warcraft.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.