Locating Modem in Toshiba 1135-s1551

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I have a problem with my Modem in my laptop. I read the solution in this forum. However I couldn't locate the modem in my laptop. I searched for Toshiba Satellite 1135-S1552 Service Manual on the web unfortunately I couln't find it.

I need to know where my Modem is on the back of my laptop before I remove all the screws.
Can anyone help me for that?

Thanks

location of Modem Connector on the mainboard

Actually what I'm looking for is the location of connector on the mainboard board where RJ45 connector is connected to. I need to exactly locate that one so that I can open that part from back of laptop and fix that loose connection.

I cannot dial with the modem and when I open the Device Manager (Win XP) and click on "show hidden devices" there is an exclamation mark beside serial. Somebody told me that it was beacuse the connection of modem got losen on the board.

The virtual serial link exists inside the modem chip. There's nothing to fix there. I'd say your issues are with drivers/Windows.

If there's a broken connection between the modem chip and the RJ11 port, then that will not show up in the Device Manager. the symptom of that would be "no dialtone" or something similar reported by your modem application.

This is exactly the case. I do not see any serial port except LPT under the ports in device manager. No dialtone as well. I think it's kind of a loose connection rather than a broken one.
Also there were exclamation mark beside "serial" which is seen when you show hidden devices. I uninstalled it. However comp is not finding anymore when I scan hardware changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back