Logitech X-530 5.1, interference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

k.jacko

Hi all,

I have the above named speaker sets with two core2duo based rigs that are almost identical, based on the Gigabyte GAP35c DS3R, one using onboard 5.1 sound, the other using an x-fi pcie 5.1 sound card.
Both seem to suffer from interference, i.e. at any given random time you can hear some kind of audio coming the centre speaker. Its clear enough to make out, and it sounds like some kind of radio talk show or similar.
One of kids justifies his excessively loud volume by saying that its the only way to drown out the interference, which leads me to think that its nearly always there.
There is a 3rd almost identical rig that only has a 2.1 speaker set, which doesn't suffer interference. But this could be either cos its a different make of speaker or that it doesn't have a centre speaker.

Any ideas anybody, please?

Looks like your speaker system is picking up unwanted signals (as how you described it) or sounds,
the onset of this problem may coincide with the orientation/direction of a radio antenna (or any antenna that has to do with RF)
in the neighbourhood.

With the said situation,an electronic circuit, usually an amplifier like your
X-530 with built-in amplifier, is suddenly affected by strong unwanted outside
radio signals. If the equipment is surrounded by an intense electromagnetic field,
the circuit wiring or the system components may act as antennas
and pick up an unwanted signal.

The entry point of the unwanted signal must be located.

Take off any USB peripherals or any electronic Gadget
connected to the affected computer,except mouse & keyboard.

If you have wireless keyboard & mouse,temporarilly use a hardwired ones.

Filters, shielding or grounding may be required.

Also try to disconnect the audio cables.you can use a headphone & listen
For any interference.if the problem disappears,replace your audio cables
With shielded ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back