Lost office 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

itnewbee

Any body ever have office 2007 just disappear after its been loaded? I loaded it on XP, started the updates. Turned it off. The next time I turned it on I loaded Symantec security measures. I went to start on the office updates and I could not find 2007 Gone! Any answers out there?

was it installed by an administrator account and you are trying to use it as a limited user?

When office was installed, there should have been a question whether to install for 'all users' or just the current user. As you probably did not specify 'all users' it is not visible to any user other than the user who installed it. probably best to uninstall and reinstall for all users.

Thanks for the reply. I was not anywhere to be found. I looked in the Control panel under add & remove programs and in the Start menu all programs. I was the admin on the machine and the only used at the time. When I loaded it I did a custom install and used the load all from my computer feature.I have since reloaded it. I should mention itis on a network not sure if that has any thing to do with any thing.

If you installed it from a network location, it may have installed in a default location which is also on the network. You should still have a desktop icon and a menu entry to use it from there though. Your menu entry will be in c:\documents and settings\all users (or admin)\start meu\programs\office blah blah

Also try a search over the whole PC and netword for 'winword.exe' or 'excel.exe'.

Normal location of MS Word 2007

%programfiles%\Microsoft Office\Office12\WINWORD.EXE

Try clicking on Start-->Run
and copy the above line into the run field

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back