MainGear introduces F1X gaming desktop series

By Matthew
Jan 21, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MainGear has introduced a new series of gaming PC, the F1X, which is comprised of the F1X 750, F1X 500, and F1X 200. If the new systems look familiar, it's probably because the F1X lineup uses the same chassis as MainGear's acclaimed ePhex desktop -- in fact, the company calls the F1X a "retooled" ePhex.

Read the whole story
  2. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,705   +590

Where's the case that was shown at CES in the Fermi rig?
    Supposed top-of-the-line system housed in a TJ10- A byword for cable management nightmare and a full tower that can only use a 120.2 radiator maximum if you want to go W/C- which would a likely scenario if you're prepared to drop serious funds into the highest specced i7.
  3. compdata

compdata TechSpot Paladin Posts: 604

I just specked out a Black Mamba system from cyberpowerpc with higher specs (2 Intel 80Gb in raid 0, 2TB harddrive, 975 overclocked to 4Ghz, Corsair Dominator memory overclocked 20% as well). I got a price tag of $4588 on this system. So in short, i think their pricing is a bit high.
  4. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 6,020   +83 Staff Member

MainGear's prices are a bit higher, but their service and reputation is generally better than iBuyPower and CyberPower. That goes a long way for a person who doesn't want to, or otherwise cannot build their own system.
  5. Tha General

Tha General TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,225

all these pc's are way to damn expensive.
  6. KyBrewer

KyBrewer Newcomer, in training Posts: 61

Wow that service must be something else!
  7. compdata

compdata TechSpot Paladin Posts: 604

I buy that as I end up supporting most of my families computers anyway ;-) But for someone who knows what they are doing or is comparing building a system on their own with purchasing one pre-built the price makes a bigger difference.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.