Man jailed for creating 35 blogs insulting ex lover

Emil

Staff

38-year-old Stephen Andreassen ended a relationship with 36-year-old Rebecca Pattinson, and immediately started creating websites to insult, embarrass, and terrorize her. Andreassen was apparently annoyed that Pattinson said no when he asked her to look at an apartment together after four weeks of dating, so he created up to 35 blogs to get back at her.

Pattinson has been given counselling because of her ordeal and now drives everywhere in case she bumps into Andreassen in the street. "I fear that Stephen will never stop and I can't understand why he is doing this," she told The Telegraph.

After the breakup, Andreassen began bombarding her with calls, e-mails, texts, and Facebook messages begging to be taken back. Pattinson reacted by threatening to call the police, removing all her contact details from her online profiles, and deactivating her Facebook account. Andreassen then set up a series of blogs, posting messages to warn all men about her and listing links to his other websites giving his account of their affair.

At that point, which was sometime last year, he avoided jail by admitting harassment. Instead, he was served with a lifetime restraining order and banned from mentioning Pattinson on any website. Two months later, he was arrested again after he posted another entry on his blog detailing the court case and calling her a liar as well as a sociopath. He was spared a prison sentence once more.

Andreassen went further downhill after he set up a new obsessive website with various pages, including sections labeled The Relationship, My Story, and Court Appearance. He then booked into a hotel in Scotland where he attempted to commit suicide by taking 200 sleeping tablets. Andreassen has finally been jailed for 18 weeks after admitting he violated the restraining order.

Permalink to story.

That man deserved to be jailed, It amazes me how many crazy people still exist in this world...

this guy sint crazy lol, hes just a crybaby puss-bag who was probably a virgin before this woman. funny :D

Someone hire this man, at least you know he isn't a quitter and doesn't stop till the job is done... lol

burty117 said:
That man deserved to be jailed, It amazes me how many crazy people still exist in this world...

Out of billions of people on earth, there's bound to be a few loose cannons.

Relic said:
I doubt jail will do much, this man needs psychiatric help.
Agreed especially since he tried to kill himself. I would think for someone like him 18 months of counseling would be more effective than 18 months of jail time, but that's just me.

"Because i'm a creep... i'm a wier-do... what the hell am i doin' here... I dont' belong here...Oh ho oooh hoo oooooooooo...."

Damn Radiohead stuck in my brain.

Gee...a woman you've only been with for 4 weeks didn't want to move in with you into a new apartment? What a b*tch! /sarcasm

Being 38, you'd think he'd be a bit more mature...guess there really is something wrong with him. First off, I wouldn't ask a woman i've been with for only 4 months to move into a new apartment with me. Secondly, even if I did and she said "no", I would see no reason to be mad with her and go all bizerk.

Sounds like a complete failure. He necks 200 sleeping tablets in a suicide attempt and still lives long enough to be put in prison. Now if that's not failing at failing, I don't know what is.

bonniesmith said:
Jailed for creating blogs? what's next, jailed for free speech? strange where net neutrality is really going!
I have a feeling you didn't actually read the article and just the heading, I would also strongly advice that you read up on net neutrality, it really has nothing to do with the story.

^This. You're clearly talking out your @ss if you think this has anything to do with net neutrality. Also, you clearly don't know that DEFAMATION is NOT protected as free speech and is, in fact, a CRIME

herpaderp said:
^This. You're clearly talking out your @ss if you think this has anything to do with net neutrality. Also, you clearly don't know that DEFAMATION is NOT protected as free speech and is, in fact, a CRIME
I'm going to assume you are talking @bonniesmith and that i just got in first.

After reading 3 of bonniesmith comments i have come to the conclusion that bonniesmith is either, in school or needs to go back, i fear the latter in this case.

What is it, a UK jail?

18 weeks jail...Get's cut to 9 weeks for good behaviour...Then cut to 4 weeks because the jails are full.

Might aswell just let him off altogether with our system.

@kenrick who wrote, "lol. Anyway, he deserves it. Lucky for the woman she did not marry this looser. "

As long as you don't know how to spell "looser," you shouldn't be laughing at anyone. The word is spelled loser.

Back