TechSpot

Microsoft announces 'Special Edition' Kinect bundle for $400

By Jos
Sep 8, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Microsoft has announced it will release a special edition Xbox 360 bundle this November packaging the company's long-awaited Kinect motion-sensing device with a copy of Kinect Adventures, a spare controller, and the 250GB version of its console for $399. Naturally, the console will be the new Slim model which finally includes built-in Wi-Fi capabilities and uses a 45nm SoC called "Vejle" that draws less power and produces less heat than the original 90nm CPU/GPU combo.

Read the whole story
  2. jimmyconway

jimmyconway Newcomer, in training

is the HD from the xbox 360 compatible with this slim one?
  3. RealXboxMaster

RealXboxMaster Newcomer, in training Posts: 139

All XBOX 360's are compatible w/ HD whether it's orignal or slim.
  4. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,392   +16

If by HD you mean hard drive then no they are not. Microsoft went from one proprietary design to another but both still use a 2.5 inch drive so I'd assume you could still mod it. If you want to transfer data only way I know of is either using flash/external drivers or getting the transfer kit for the 360.
  5. jimmyconway

jimmyconway Newcomer, in training

yea i meant hard drive, thank you for replying
  6. tengeta

tengeta TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 632

Why are they releasing a new 360 with no Blu-Ray... is Microsoft just going to protest the format as long as they can? I'm not a Blu-Ray fan, but advertising your console as an "all media" machine is kinda BS if you don't keep up with the times. You have won many battles Microsoft, its your turn to sit down and live with it.

As for the topic, I just don't care. I do many active things in my day so when I sit down to play games I want to actually sit down and relax.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.