TechSpot

Mid range gaming PC

By pena94
Mar 9, 2010
  1. Im looking to build a decent gaming rig thats not to high on price. heres what im considering. will appreciate feedback as this is going to be my first build.

Processor- Intel Core I-5 750
    Motherboard- Gigabyte P55M-UD4
    RAM- 4GB 2x2 Kingston 1333
    Graphics- 1GB MSI ATI radeon 5770 Hawk
    Hardrive- 500GB 7200rpm
    Power supply- 500W Coolmax CU-500B
    Case- have

Again i dont need anything outrageous as i also have a ps3, 360 and wii for gaming. My budget is from 750-900.

2. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,906   +90

HI pena,
    that's nice build, will give you good performance up to 1920 x 1080 with high detail on most games. :)
    my only suggestion is to spend a few bucks more and get a higher quality PSU like this
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139003
    its much better quality and look at the amp rating on the 12v rail(s) as opposed to the coolmax you selected.
    let us know how the build goes.

3. pena94

pena94 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Should have been mores specific on the Power supply. theres the specific one im getting. hows this one look

4. pena94

Anybody else have any feedback. If not im gonna go head order the parts. Also if i ever wanna crossfire with another hawk 5770 will my power supply be sufficient or should i just get a bigger one now.

5. Ritwik7

Ritwik7 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,288   +7

You haven't really posted any info regarding your PSU.

6. pena94

I edited onte the first post. Its the 500W Coolmax CU-500B

7. Ritwik7

Ritwik7 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,288   +7

Sorry, I missed it. I would suggest you get the Corsair 650TX if you intend to go CrossFire.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.