TechSpot

Minecraft now available free of charge for Raspberry Pi owners

By Shawn Knight
Feb 11, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. The incredibly popular sandbox game Minecraft continues to expand to a number of different platforms following its arrival on the PC back in May 2009. As of today, the hit title is now available on the Raspberry Pi, the affordable...

Read more

2. ghasmanjr

ghasmanjr TS Booster Posts: 363   +86

This is cool. The world needs more developers like Good-Guy-Notch and less like EA and Activision. EA would never give up the code to a multi-million dollar game to let people tinker with it for free.
    +1 to Notch for being awesome!

3. Nima304

Nima304 TS Enthusiast Posts: 306   +37

Do you get a free account with it for multiplayer?

4. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,331   +804

Wow that great! I can't believe it! I'm so excited! So excited in fact I'm going to... What the hell is a Raspberry Pi???

5. Leeky

Leeky TS Evangelist Posts: 4,378   +99

This.

[​IMG]

More information about it is here: http://www.techspot.com/tag/raspberry pi/

To sum it up in a sentence or two it's a $35 credit card sized computer running Linux on ARM-based hardware commonly found in tablets and smartphones. The primary focus of its existence is to reignite programming in schools and universities as well as those that like to tinker with computers at home.

Considering its size and price it's rather outstanding. I haven't had the chance to explore it as much as I'd like but I've been very impressed with the one I have.

6. Skidmarksdeluxe

Thank you.

Leeky likes this.
  7. ghasmanjr

Have you been living under a rock for the past 3 years or have you just not logged onto Techspot in 3 years?

tehbanz likes this.
  8. Skidmarksdeluxe

I vaguely remember reading something about it in the past but seeing that it never even remotely interested me I'd forgotten about it.

9. ghasmanjr

It is more interesting if you know how to program or if you're interested in a computer that has almost no affiliation with any major company (I.e. Microsoft, Apple etc).

10. VitalyT

VitalyT TS Evangelist Posts: 1,970   +586

I've read this game title as MeinKampf a few times already. Maybe they should rename it?

Skidmarksdeluxe likes this.
  11. Skidmarksdeluxe

I can see it's appeal.

12. Skidmarksdeluxe

Zay haf vay's und means. Ja

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.