TechSpot

Mojang sells 10 million copies of Minecraft for the PC

By Shawn Knight
Apr 5, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. The indie sensation Minecraft has now sold more than 10 million copies according to a recent tweet from Mojang customer support manager Marc Watson. It’s worth pointing out that this milestone only includes copies for the PC, Mac and Linux...

Read more

2. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,021   +913

What about for Mac?

3. 3DCGMODELER

3DCGMODELER TS Enthusiast Posts: 307   +18

4. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,091   +1,519

"It’s worth pointing out that this milestone only includes copies for the PC, Mac and Linux"

5. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,308   +100

So when the heck is Mojang going to do a "weekend sale" or something like that? =P

I want some friends to play, but I won't pay full price for their copies hehe (Damned Steam... now everything must be in sale to be bought)

avoidz likes this.
  6. aaronfranke268

aaronfranke268 TS Rookie

The game is already cheap as it is - I would easily pay $100 for Minecraft.

7. JC713

Right. *nerd*

8. Kibaruk

I'm sure you would...

9. JC713

Actually PS4 games up for pre order on Amazon are actually $100 USD. This may change after an announcement though.

10. Kibaruk

You mean the games of a nextgen console which hasnt been released yet?

11. JC713

12. Kibaruk

Dude... it was sarcasm, the computer edition is $60 the same as pretty much every newly big publisher release.

13. Chris Barry

Chris Barry TS Rookie Posts: 34

I know, steam ruined buying full games prices @ like $50 $60!!! Any game I see that hits say $5 $10, I have to buy.. It's so sad, I still have so many I havnt played from X-mas sales and what not!

14. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,091   +1,519

I first read your comment a couple of days ago and I can not get one question out of my mind.
    • Would you pay $100 for each individual game or just Minecraft?
    Follow up questions:
    • What is so special about Minecraft, that someone would spend $100 for?
    • If every game was $100, how big would everyones game library be?
    • How much would the average person be willing to spend, enlarging their game library regardless of individual game prices?
    Personally, I draw a line at $30 per game of interest to me. It's a game, a past time, something we don't actually need I our lives. This world could be so much more constructive, if they wasn't so wasteful in their past time.

andrewyoung likes this.
  15. I only remember paying around 20 bucks for minecraft they don't charge alot for it.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.