• Half Empty

Votes: 15 28.8%

• Total voters
God Of Mana said:
Is the the glass:
Half full
OR
Half Empty?

Wouldn't the answer depend on the contents of the glass?

If it has a yucky medicine, and you're trying to get a 2 year old to drink it, from your point of view it's half empty, but from the kids point of view it's still half full.

If you like the stuff, it's half empty.

If you don't, it's half full.

i.e. agree with CrustOldGeezer.

The glass is neither half full nor half empty. It is merely holding 1/2 of it's maximum capacity, as God of Mana said. The rest is perception.

If the glass was full to begin with, then it`s half empty.

If on the other hand, it was only filled to half way, then it`s only half full.

In any case, who really cares ;)

Regards Howard :)

isn't it meant to be that

if you say the glass is half full you're more of a positive person..

and if you say its half empty... you're more negative...

or am i getting confused with something else?

i would actually say half empty... but im a positive person so its all lies.

MetalX said:
The glass is neither half full nor half empty. It is merely holding 1/2 of it's maximum capacity, as God of Mana said. The rest is perception.

I said that it contained its max capacity as not to make any kind of effect on your polled choice.
Its up to you if it is half full or half empty, it depends on what you see a 1/2 cup of liquid as being.

twite said:
It depends on if the glass is half full..or half empty

God Of Mana said:
A glass has 1/2 it max amount of contents,
Is the the glass:
Half full
OR
Half Empty?

You should have read the first post. :p

Personally if i was given i was given a cup of water that was half empty i'll think of the empty bit,not because i've a negative person or wanted more,it's just what i think and i think ravisunny2 is right,if you like the stuff it's half empty,and if you hate the content its half full.

NOTE:i'm 99% a positive person.

I prefer that theory actually...

come to mention it I usually describe a drink I like as half empty... because its less of a good thing...

and something I dislike as half full, because its more of a bad thing...

The important point to the remember as it colours everyone's thinking is that we are talking about a glass. A glass implies a drink, a drink implies happy happy joy joy. There is still half left so empty it.

Uh ha

sbgsus said:
I prefer that theory actually...

come to mention it I usually describe a drink I like as half empty... because its less of a good thing...

and something I dislike as half full, because its more of a bad thing...

And that is what you call pessimistic and optimistic. The Glass being half full or half empty depends on which YOU are.

Actually,now i think about it,if i am given a glass of something i dont think of the full or empty parts,i just drink.

Generally speaking, the "half full/empty glass" question refers to a glass of something good. Considering that, a positive person would see the glass as half full since he or she would be focused on the good part of the situation. The negative response would be half empty- defining the situation by what is bad about it.

I'm firmly in the half-full camp:)

It's Half-empty, because if it was half-full then it would be 1/2 full but if it's half-empty you could have added only a little bit of what ever the contents is, then it'll be like 1/4 empty or 1/6 empty or what ever ;)

Good,time paradox. But just remember, dont choose a option just becuse you saw others choosing it, choose on your own. I never thought this thread would actually be answered...lol

I did answer my own opinion, if you ever read my post you'll notice I hardly read what others say and just post right away :)

TimeParadoX said:
It's Half-empty, because if it was half-full then it would be 1/2 full but if it's half-empty you could have added only a little bit of what ever the contents is, then it'll be like 1/4 empty or 1/6 empty or what ever ;)

Or... 3/4 full, or 5/6 full.

The way I see it is:

full = 1
empty = 0

1/2 full = 1/2
1/2empty = 0/2

Since 1/2 is the maximum capacity of the glass, the glass is half full.

Back