Moto X misses the mark with only 500,000 devices sold thus far

By Shawn Knight
Nov 13, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. There’s no doubt that Motorola had high expectations for the Moto X during the development phase and even more so after its launch. Billed as the first truly customizable smartphone, users would line up in droves to get their hands...

Read more
  2. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,045   +37

What... the color panel? shhessh... we put cases over it anyways!
    Skidmarksdeluxe and lmike6453 like this.
  3. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 941   +82

I just picked up two HTC One phones. They're all getting so close in feature and performance that the sound of the HTC One was the selling point.

There's nothing wrong with the Moto X. There's just nothing that really stands out with it. (other than the colors)
  4. Google bought motorola for the IP, not the phones.
  5. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,831   +707

I think Shawn hit the nail on the head with this one. Too expensive for the spec and limiting customization to one carrier and I don't see them faring much better with the Moto G. Apart from the obvious it's a pretty solid concept but Motorola obviously needs a grand piano to fall on top of them from a 50 storey building to figure out where they went wrong instead of just listening to the consumer. It would've been a lot easier and a lot less painful.
  6. This. None of us give a shite what the body even looks like, we instantly are required to put a 50 dollar case on the damn thing since they make em all so damn delicate.
  7. veLa

veLa TechSpot Booster Posts: 490   +75

You just can't debut a flagship device in 2013 with only a dual core CPU and 720p display.
    JC713 likes this.
  8. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,725   +874

^this
  9. backo

backo TechSpot Member Posts: 58   +8

I think the price was high for these specs and if they had released it in other parts of the World they'd have better sales.
    Can't speak for everybody but one positive is that at least now I will consider Motorola's future phones.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.