Mozilla releases Firefox 4 Beta 11

By Emil
Feb 8, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Mozilla has released Firefox 4 Beta 11. The new beta build comes less than two weeks after the Beta 10 release, and as far as we can see this is mainly just a bug fix release. For more information, check out the release notes.

Read the whole story
  2. Regenweald

Regenweald Newcomer, in training Posts: 143

11 betas. wow. pretty soon these betas will be known as stable releases with new numbers attached.
  3. yowanvista

yowanvista Newcomer, in training Posts: 82

The beta is rock solid, no doubt how the final will be
  4. Lurker101

Lurker101 TechSpot Addict Posts: 619   +118

The beta is far from rock solid. There's still a lot of Flash issues that need to be addressed, which don't exist in Firefox 3.6. With any luck, this update will sort those issues out.
  5. Lurker101

Lurker101 TechSpot Addict Posts: 619   +118

Just had a quick check on a few sites and Flash is still quite buggy in Firefox 4 Beta 11
  6. Jibberish18

Jibberish18 TechSpot Maniac Posts: 430   +8

My main concern was the copy/paste bug I and several other people were receiving. They seemed to have fixed it in this update. It was an important bug for me that kept me from using it at work. Kudos to Techspot for having it to download so quickly. ;)
  7. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,361   +260

I've been using the beta since the early stages and it is now pretty much rock solid (i've found a few flash bugs, http://configurator.audi.co.uk/?.html being a biggy) but appart from that lots of my addons now work with it beautifully and the graphical tab movements and stuff have been very well smoothed out. Although I don't know if it is using graphics card accelloration still or not?
  8. fpsgamerJR62

fpsgamerJR62 Newcomer, in training Posts: 489

Probably just a minor bug fix or stability update. Feels like one anyway. I've been using the Firefox 4 beta as a secondary browser for a while and have experienced no problems so far with my favorite sites.
  9. hojnikb

hojnikb Newcomer, in training

I've noticed on the botton left that there is a status loading just like in chrome.
    Also preview beta 12 also shows link there when you select one.
    I like the top version way better since its less distracting..
  10. ODEN

ODEN Newcomer, in training

great
    i love ff
  11. Edito

Edito TechSpot Member Posts: 24

They should stop all this beta stuff they all come with different bugs i already switched to safari and its way better...
  12. superkcee

superkcee Newcomer, in training Posts: 26

How do you uninstall this? It won't do on the add/remove programs also on the helper.exe

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.