Mozilla releases Firefox 4 for Android, Maemo

By Emil
Mar 29, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Mozilla has released Firefox 4 for Android and Maemo. You can get the new version from the Android Market to test on your Android device or go to Firefox.com/Mobile to get it in on your Nokia Maemo device. The final build is available in more than 10 languages on a list of supported devices.

Read the whole story
  2. Nima304

Nima304 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 247   +23

And Firefox 4's market share is on the rise again.
  3. TrekExpert

TrekExpert TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 104

Three times faster than the stock browser! That must also blow Safari on the iPhone out of the water too as it is supposedly the same speed. If this is true I am extremely impressed.

Is there a reason why fire fox 4 is not for iOS? Does apple not want it or just hasn't been developed yet?
  4. mosu

mosu TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 290

In my opinion Firefox users do not own Apple products like iPads or iPhones, nor Mozilla does not care much about Apple's OS
  5. Nima304

Nima304 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 247   +23

Both of these are probably collectively true.
  6. matrix86

matrix86 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 795   +8

Firefox is actually slower than the native browser on my Archos 101 Android 2.2 tablet. The native browser and Opera Mobile fly right through while Firefox kind of hangs back for two or three seconds.
  7. Royalgok

Royalgok TechSpot Member Posts: 31

Collectively, maybe. I myself am a Firefox user for many years and I own both an an iPhone and an Android smartphone. The reason why Firefox hasn't appeared may be due to Apple's restrictive entry policies (remember VLC media player?)
  8. same thing happen to me.im using android 2.2 on htc hd2..firefox always hang and i have to remove battery to reboot..

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.