Multimedia Audio Controller Driver Issue - Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I am having the same problem as the other person that posted in this forum but the solution was not listed.

I have a Soundmax sound card but no drivers are found. I downloaded the drivers but when I ran the install, I get "driver not found! reboot your system, and run this setup again." I uninstalled the sound card and after the reinstall it comes up as "Multimedia audio controller." I have downloaded the Adiwdm_3665 driver package for "SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio Driver V5.12.01.3665." i even installed it on C and browsed to the folder with smwdmCH4.inf and Windows didn't recognize it. That is the only .inf file I saw in the whole folder, two of the same ones and I extracted both of them and neither worked.

I don't know what else to try at this point. There must be another driver out there or something else that can be done to rectify this problem. I am open to any and all suggestions. Please help.

Thank you kindly.

Welcome to TechSpot

Can you please fill out your user profile "user cp" at the top of this screen?
What Windows version are you using?
Did you install the drivers that came with the motherboard-CD?, Did you try the drivers that came with the soundcard if this is not on-board?

I'm having this exact same problem.

Found this thread via Google in hope I could find some hope as well. :[

Yes, I am having the same problem, where my sound does not work and I have an exclimation point next to the Multimedia Audio Controller. I do not know if I have an onboard sound card or not. How can I find this out? My specs are:

Processor Information:
Vendor: AuthenticAMD
Speed: 1159 Mhz
1 logical processor
1 physical processor
HyperThreading: Unsupported
RDTSC: Supported
CMOV: Supported
FCMOV: Supported
SSE: Supported
SSE2: Unsupported
3DNOW: Supported

Network Information:
Network Speed: DSL > 256k
IP Address: 192.168.0.XXX

Windows Version:
2000 Service Pack 4 (Build 2195)
NTFS: Unsupported

Video Card:
Driver: ati2dvag.dll
Type: RADEON 9500 PRO / 9700
VendorID: 4098
DeviceID: 20037
Version: 6.14.10.6458
RenderMode: OpenGL
ScreenSize: 1024 pixels
Bit Depth: 32

Memory:
RAM: 1279 Mb

Miscellaneous:
UI Language: English
Media Type: DVD
Total Hard Disk Space Available: 19059 Mb
Large

I don't know if any of this helps, but it would be great if one of you guys could tell me the solution to this god-forsaken problem. Thanks!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

What mobo do you have?

If you go to your mobo manufacturers web site you will be able to download sound drivers from there if you have onboard sound. Or check the cd that came with your mobo.

If you have a seperate sound card then you should have an installation cd for it.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

That would be one way to find out.

On my system when i reboot it tells me the model of my mobo just in front of my bios version. I.E K7S8X

If you do open your case please be careful not to touch any components as static electricity from you can damage delicate parts.

The model of your mobo will be printed usually inbetween the pci slots.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

I am having this same exact hardware issue. I am using a Dell Optiplex GX240 with an onboard SoundMAX card. I've downloaded the drivers right from Dell, no luck. I'm at a loss now because there are no other drivers available from Dell. Constantly get the error:
Driver not found! Reboot your system, and run this setup again.
I can reboot until the cows come home, and the same message each time. How can a driver right from the manufacturer do such a thing? I'm starting to wish the machine didn't have to be re-installed. :-(

i have the problem

i just got a new laptop and when i try and play any music or video file i get this message cannot playback the audio stream: no audio hardware is available, or the hardware is not responding

hi - i'm having the same problem but this just occured after i reformatted my comp. before, the sound was working fine - and i think i had a soundblaster live sound card but am not too sure of what one exactly. At the moment i get the multimerdia audio controller icon in my device manger with an exclamation mark next to it and have no idea how to fix it. My motherboard is a ASUS P4P800, but i don't think it's an onboard card. The thing is - i have lost my installation CD -so is there any other way of fixing this problem?

I've read everything posted so far and I'm have the same exact problem! HEEEEELLLLLPPP! This is my configuration on my system:

Compaq Evo D310v
Board: Compaq 0804h
BIOS: Compaq 686O2 v3.13 12/16/2002

Processor:
1.80 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4
8 kilobyte primary memory cache
512 kilobyte secondary memory cache

I had the SoundMax once on the system and I accidently deleted it from the system. I found the installation folder under my windows audio folder and tried installing but got this same msg everyone else got. Rebooted a million times but with no success.

Any ideas?

Same problem

Hi all,

After updating my printer drivers this morning (five minutes after using my sound card), my SB Audigy disappeared from my device manager and in its place was a "Multimedia Audio Controller" that has never shown up before. In times past, when I've had to reinstall my audio drivers, Windows automatically updated it, no problems.

This MB has an onboard soundcard, which I disabled in the BIOS (which I also updated).

I've gone into safe mode, deleted all the codecs and drivers, and tried an updated SP2 set of drivers from HP's website, and there's still no auto-recognition of the card.

I used Everest Home Edition, and it sees the card by name as a PnP device, but I still don't have my card enabled or auto-found :(

This happened last week, fwiw, and I did a complete system restore, and the darn thing showed up again after the restore. I'm not sure what fixed it then...

Any help would be appreciated.

Multimedia Audio Controller problem !!

I have the same problem, my computer is finding a multimedia audio card controller everytime I bootup. I went nuts and couldnt find any driver for it. I believe it for an integrated card so I found that I could disable the integrated audio in my BIOS , I rebooted and the problem was gone and my audio is great. The yellow mm audio controller isnt in device Manager either.

I found another solution on the dell website. Soundmax integrated audio drivers. This also corrected the problem. I just chose to disable the Integrated Audio

I hope this can help someone.

***If anyone reading this is using a Dell GX240 make sure you check that your sound card is enabled in your BIOS.*** I had the "Driver not found!" error message as well after attempting to install the SoundMAX drivers - obviously this didnt work because as far as the system knew, the onboard sound didnt exist.

Hope that helps someone out...

I Got The Fix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HAVE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM BUT FIGURED IT OUT!!!! I have an ASUS P4C800 Deluxe M/B with onboard SoundMax soundcard. I tried everything and still kept getting the Driver not loaded! Reboot and try again! Finally, I decided to do a most obvioius choice when dealing with something on-board..........I reset the CMOS! When I rebooted it found my card and i was able to install normally. Hope this helps you all. ENJOY!!!!

hey, fix 2 anything

Hey, before u judge me, just understand that i'm 12 and my DOB is 26/03/93 now, after u do the steps in the add hardware, u have 2 install the software from a location or automatically, pick the one from a location...
then, pick dont search, i'll choose the driver
look for what u are searching for, if u cant find, double click the one that says show all devices... find your one, click next pick the one that u know is ur device, next, it might give u a warning, click yes.. done, plz comment... if u think i'm not 12, i am, i wanna be a comp tech. or author lol
:hotbounce :hotbounce :hotbounce :hotbounce my email is leafprobe@hotmail.com.. i found out the way 2 do it after gettin frustated with not listening to good charlotte on my comp!!!

Multimedia audio controller

in device manager it has multimedia audio controller but with a yellow question mark next to it. does anyone know what driver i need here are my specs

System Model
Packard Bell NEC P851008201
System Serial Number: 032745620397
Chassis Serial Number: 50424E
Enclosure Type: Desktop

Main Circuit Board
Board: NEC COMPUTERS INTERNATIONAL GA-8SIMLNF 1.x
Bus Clock: 100 megahertz
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 1.0N 09/15/2003
click here to email me

I have a Dell 4600 (P4 266, 1gig ram, win XP) with Creative SB Live sound card. Two days ago my power supply went dead and I had to replace it with an Antec power supply. My clock got reset to 6/2004 which I fixed. Since then every time I start my computer the New Hardware Wizard popped up and it found a "multimedia audio controller". Yet, it could not find the driver for me and therefore has a yellow ? next to it. I have tried to re-install the Creative SB Live soundcard driver and no help. My sound card is actually working well. I only have another PVR (Hauppauge 150MCE card) added to my computer and its driver has been updated and won't work with this "multimedia audio controller". All this started after my power supply went dead and I replaced it with another. Does this have anything to do with the power supply? Any input is appreciated. This is driving me nuts.
Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back