TechSpot

My 3800 refuses to OC more than 24 mhz!

By ThugLife
Oct 4, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I dont know whats going on with this thing, but the FSB will simply not OC past 202 x 12. The multi is locked as usual, and the bios even has a nice 'overclocking interface' for it, so Im guessing it's supported

I tried raising the vcore by .1, but it didn't do anything. If I put fsb at 204, it keeps restarting at the boot screen. If I put it at 203, it sometimes makes it to windows- then dies.

Any ideas? The computer it'self is very well maintained. Defragged all the time, I keep the HDs clean, no viruses, no spyware, it's water cooled and runs 27C idle and 35C load TOPS.

I just cant believe this thing is that resistant to an OC! It's an nforce3 northbridge chipset in the mobo, and I've used similar to OC other A64s- but Im really stumped to whats keeping this thing grounded to a measley 2424 mhz =/

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

Ocing AMD 64`s is a little more complicated, than other cpu`s.

Take a look at this guide HERE

Regards Howard :) :)

3. ThugLife

ThugLife TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 20

Yea ive heard the key is the memory divider and HTT multi, but my gay bios is very limited, and I cant change it. All I can change is FSB, multi (12 and under) and vcore

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.