OC my ati 4850 need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

klepto12

ok so i have this ASUS Radeon HD 4850 1GB 4850 but its the 512 version and for some reason i cant get it to oc much if any at all from the preset 680/1050 clocks. i even uninstalled ccc and installed ATI tray tools but its not a verified driver or some crap with windows 7 which makes the low level driver thing flip out on me and reset the video driver. so what im asking is whats my best course of action to get this baby up to like 740/1105 or so.

yes, i have always ran them in parallel with great success, as a matter of fact, when i went above 700 on my core, it increase the clock options upward in CCC.
and im sure you know that you can increase gpu voltage in Tray tools

driver signing is a huge pain in the ***, it took me three attempts and the second option to get rid of it. hang in there Klep

i went to comand prompt with admin priv and it said operation complete but it still asks for the dang driver :(

did you try hitting F8 during the boot and selecting :disable driver signing'?

i know, if you read the forums it has been a hit or miss for people. i dont know why

ok red i did the f8 thing and i think it worked but will i have to do that everytime i restart the computer?

so i used the f8 and it still gave me the error upon installing ati tray tools :( i think im just going to give up this is a headache

sorry red im not trying to be a pain i just really would like the extra performance from this card that i know it can do but ccc sucks and the voltage on these cards doesn't allow high overclocks

no problem, let me see what i can find. i think i saved it on here

i know what you mean, i have had my 4850's up to 770/1120,needed voltage though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back