TechSpot

my Add/Remove programs' gone!

By JasperS
Aug 10, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i was checking my add/remove programs searching a program uninstaller and for my surprise there're some programs missing!!! i noticed this happened after i uninstalled my tv tuner most recent drive... some of my start -> all programs programs' shortcuts and subfolders also had vanished and when i check the add/remove programs i also see some weird programs that doens't have a remove button/uninstaller like: AiO_Scan, AIOMinimal, neroxml, Overland, QFolder, Scan and WebFldrs XP.
    My Attachments are followed below...
    Thx for any help!
  2. AlbertLionheart

AlbertLionheart TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,712

Some programs have their own uninstallers and do not show in the add/remove programs lists. Can't remember the last one I saw but it was not long ago.
  3. JasperS

JasperS TS Rookie Topic Starter

u didn't get it... b4, the add/remove programs list was normal, with the programs and stuff and they had their own icon, but now i see some of them missing, lacking the Remove button, the one u click to uninstall it, and having the same icon as every other program in the list. if u want i can show u a snapshot
  4. AlbertLionheart

AlbertLionheart TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,712

Yes please post a screen grab - but I doubt I will be able to comment on this one - maybe one of the Gurus?
  5. momok

momok TS Rookie Posts: 2,272

Hi,

Your logs seem to look fine to me.

You may wish to use ccleaner to remove dead links from the list. You can download and run CCleaner via step 9 of the instructions HERE.

Regards,
    Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of JasperS only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.
  6. JasperS

JasperS TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thx for the support, i'm more calm that there's nothing malicius, but still upset that the add/remove programs list is screwed up
    but i'll learn to live like that
    thx again to all!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.