TechSpot

My PC keeps freezing, after its been formatted

By Exclu k
Jun 19, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hey there
    im having problems with my pc, i have two of the exact same pc's motherboards are the same, CPU's are the same only diff is GPU's, Cooling, Ram, and the one im having probs with i upgraded and was running Windows 7 like a champ but a few off my production programs would not run so i formatted it And Ran XP immediately after reformatting it froze so i ignored it And Just restarted then it did it later again and it was doing it during important work which i kept loosing, it then stop and now its doing it again but worse, really frustrating, whats confusing me is there were no probs wen running Windows 7 now all of a sudden this and the other pc has mo probs whats so ever.

Not too certain on wat specs u need, Not certain on make of the mother board

1 gig ram
    2.4ghz processor
    80 gig hard drive
    Aopen Dvd-rw drive
    256mb Nvidia Gpu

2. Exclu k

Exclu k TS Rookie Topic Starter

Any help will be appreciated :)

3. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,061   +77

I am assuming that you are not getting any BSODs, so perhaps a good idea will be to take a look at windows logs. You can find these in Control Panel > Admin Tools > Event Viewer.

Please take a close look at Red/Yellow tagged events in System and Application logs and see whether something useful is being recorded.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.