Native monitor resolution gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNeko

I'm using LG Flatron W1934S

My PC was running just fine. Then, if I remember it right, while playing Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004, my resolution changed. I quit the game, but the resolution I normally used (1440x900) wasn't in the properties - settings tab. I installed new drivers then, but that didn't help. I tried using older drivers, that didn't help either.

Resolutions I now have are: 800x600, 1024x768, 1152x864, 1280x720, 1280x768, [some more 1280xX], 1360x768, 1600x900, 1600x1024, 1600x1200, 1680x1050, 1920x1080, 1920x1200, 2048x1536.

I also can't use the last 3-4 resolutions, because then I get "Out of Range - xx kHz / 60mHz", on my screen. And I can't start a few games, since I get the out of range message as soon as I turn them on.

Normal resolutions randomly sometimes came back, and when I restarted my PC it was gone again...

As I said, I installed those (197.45) and they even made it worse.

But I'll try to reinstall my graphics card, and then install the drivers again.

Thanks, I'll talk back.

What do you mean it got worse?
How can "it doesn't display anything" get worse; does it type you hate messages now?

I also can't use the last 3-4 resolutions, because then I get "Out of Range - xx kHz / 60mHz", on my screen. And I can't start a few games, since I get the out of range message as soon as I turn them on.
Flat screens are usually unable to go past about 60hz at native resolution, it is weird that all your resolutions changed, but you can likely remedy this by pulling out your old CRT and plugging that one in. Of course, that only treats the symptoms and no the problem.

Because when I install new drivers the biggest resolution is auto set, so I don't see ****, and I need to go back to safe mod and uninstall it/change it.

this is why I'm requesting for you to install the version 178.24
I understand that these are not the most recent drivers

oh. Alright. I haven't done anything yet, since I don't really have that much time now, and it may take an hour or so to do (correct me if I'm wrong), so I'm gonna do it over the weekend.

it's because the PC is detecting a generic PNP monitor, first check for drivers for the LG screen, the reason you can choose all those resolutions is your video card supports these setting on a generic monitor, change the generic to an actual monitor and the issue should go away. It's the monitor settings, not the video card drivers.

Generic sort of means normal...
Right click desktop -> properties
Settings tab -> Advanced should lead you to monitor settings I think.
Mayhaps you should turn "hide modes that this monitor cannot display" on, if it isn't already, that should limit choices to what the computer thinks is right.
So you can boot in with safe mode right?

I couldn't find drivers for LG Flatron W1934S but yeah go ahead if possible. Usually monitors won't require drivers.
If it tells you its out of display range, maybe it is and you should change it back?
Sorry I don't know.

might not work with windows 7 but change monitor from generic to Plug and Play, this should also limit your choices to what the monitor supports, mine was on generic, I changed to PnP and then it detected my monitor as an L24 (24" LCD screen) and gave me the proper resolutions after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back