Need help choosing RAM

By apple1ma
May 3, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey, so im in the market to upgrade my ram. I have a 680i mobo, and am currently running 2 gigs of OCZ at 5-4-4-12-2t 960, and to me they are just seeming to give out. I'm almost clueless when it comes to ram so help me out a little =], when i bought mine i just picked at random almost, then i started researching and overclocked them. I didn't know what 2t meant when i bought it, but now i know that i'll probably want 1t.

I've been looking at http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145194

and
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231122

I am planning to overclock, but i'm not sure what will overclock better/worse.

system specs
    ________
    Q6600 3.6
    8800gtx
    EVGA 680i
    700w ps
    Segate 7200 32mb cache HD
    2 gigs of OCZ 5-4-4-12-2T 960
  2. apple1ma

apple1ma Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 28

bump, any feedback would be helpful =]
  3. Acclamator

Acclamator Newcomer, in training Posts: 295

4. apple1ma

Thanks, any specific reasons why, so next time i need ram i can be a little more informed in what im buying.
  5. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,067   +13

6. apple1ma

Thanks, but i wasnt that clueless ^_^. Just needed help with finding ram that will overclock well, and that was good quality at defualt as well.
  7. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,067   +13

Sorry. I don't recommend over clocking ANYTHING.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.