TechSpot

Need help to factory reset my Iqon laptop please

By db123
Sep 22, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. HI Guys

I am trying to factory reset my Iqon Laptop, NOT due to a critical windows error, but I want to start afresh, get rid of everything (old virus' etc) and hopefully make the Laptop run smoother. (ie back to the way I bought it).

These are the steps I have already tried (but please bare in mind, my Internal Disc Drive does not work)

1- Attached External DVD Drive, and put in my Windows XP Re-Installation CD. This came with the laptop.

2- Changed BIOS to load from CD first

3- Pressed F10, F12, F11, F2 in boot up to get to a recovery mode, but only got lists of safe mode and set up etc.

4- Transferred all Installation CD data to a USB Memory Stick and changed BIOS to USB first.

But nothing seems to work. Windows just always seems to start up.

The closet I have got is to go into the files on the recovery disc and launch it from windows, but this gets 1/2 way through something and then stops.

Also when I try with the USB stick, windows does not launch, but nothing happens, black screen.

Sorry for the long explanation, but wanted to say what I have already tried.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Cheers

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.