Need recommendation for DVD copying utility

fenris

I need some recommendations for a utility to copy our kids' movies to remove all of the extra stuff so the DVD-R will only contain the movie. That way we can just pop it into the DVD player in the van on road trips without having to navigate the menu and options.

Someone pointed me in the direction of dvdfab from http://www.dvdfab.com/ but it is pretty pricey. Do you guys have any other recommendations?

There's a free version of DVDFab that has some minor limitations but it works great for getting the files off the disc.

I think that DVDShrink does that. Its not 'made' anymore, but can still be found around the web. The good thing about DVDShrink is that it is extremely easy to use.

Cool. Thanks for the advice guys. I'll give the free version of DVDFab a shot and look into DVDShrink too.

Hi Fenris

I happened to find this public download link for DVDShrink. I've never tried "re-authoring" a DVD but have often used it to copy and compress a commercial DVD so it can then fit onto a single standard 4.7GB DVD disc

I advise always click the Analysis button to have it do "Full Analysis" (vs. its default quick Analysis) before you hit Backup to create a new burnable ISO image.

Have you ever burned an ISO before? All burning software provides for burning ISO images but check how for your specific burner as you don't burn ISO images like you do normal data files

Back