TechSpot

Need upgrade help from the Pro's

By tymeracer
Mar 10, 2010
  1. My setup is Gig. GA-MA78GM-US2H w/7750 dual core,ATI 4830,2X2GB 800Mhz. Kingston ram,2 Sta.320 H/D - XP Pro & Win7 64bit.Corsair 550 dual rail PS. My Question is,I'm looking to upgrade,or should I ? and if I do , whats the best Bang for the Buck way to go ? I'm a gamer.......have overclocked , but not the norm.The 7750 has been a good performer,I realize everyone is on the i5 wagon , but I still feel AMD gets the job done. Any advice would be helpful,Thanks all.

2. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,219   +157

what is your upgrade budget? and are you having problems playing games you would like to?

3. tymeracer

tymeracer TS Rookie Topic Starter

tyme writes: Most games run Ok @1280X1024 or higher call of Duty4 , World of War craft , Dragon Age,etc...Battlefield Bad Company 2 (choppy a Best) no matter what Res. whole sys. a lot faster when overclocking . (seeing that the 7750 is almost same as Intel's 5200 @ 1st thought might need more powerful processor , or maybe its the Mgz.of the Ram ? or the Sapphire 4830 graphics card....or maybe its just the game! Games are getting more demanding on systems...would upgrade if a benefit , that will carry me , the next few years...300.00 I can work with ,or is it best to build anew down the road.

4. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,682   +86

I would say wait for a bit, and build a new one at some later stage; because with that budget you will have to make some compromises; and you may not get the results you are hoping for.

5. Ritwik7

Ritwik7 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,672   +9

+1 Archean.

6. tymeracer

tymeracer TS Rookie Topic Starter

tyme says : Thanks guys! ...I assume its the combo of components, instead of any single one.......my thoughts are , I can get by for now...and plan to build a new system down the road ....not a clue , as to what direction I'll go...but if I'm going to spend Big $$$$...I'll want to get it right , performance wise & a system that will last a few years.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.