TechSpot

New BSOD bugcode_usb_drivers on recently serviced computer

By Sodamnangry
Aug 7, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. I just got my computer recently serviced at Best Buy after a series of bsod's. They claimed that everything was fixed and updated just fine, and that hardware tests revealed that nothing was wrong with the hardware. Now I am having problems again. Yesterday while playing a game my computer blackscreened and turned back on (I didn't get any kind of error message), and this morning my computer fully BSOD me again with the message bugcode_usb_drivers. Please help me! I have never posted on tech forums before...I don't understand most of the language, but this is causing me a great deal of sadness! I am terrible with these things but I will try to provide the info behind the crash.

Dump File: 080711-16302-01.dmp
    Crash Time: 8/7/2011 9:27:08 AM
    Bug Check String: BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER
    Bug Check Code: 0x000000fe
    Parameter 1: 00000000`00000005
    Parameter 2: fffffa80`0527a1a0
    Parameter 3: 00000000`10024397
    Parameter 4: fffffa80`0591bf68
    Caused by Driver: USBPORT.SYS
    Caused by Address: USBPORT.SYS+2df7e
    Processor: x64
    Crash Address: ntoskrnl.exe+7fd00
    Full Path: C:\Windows\Minidump\080711-16302-01.dmp
    Processors Count: 2
    Major Version: 15
    Minor Version: 7601
    Dump File Size: 321,632

2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,172   +37

As per your information 0xFE: BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER
    This indicates that an error has occurred in a universal serial bus (USB) driver.

* What USB devices do you have installed and use on a regular basis?

* By the way, Geek Squad has a very poor performance reputation.

3. Sodamnangry

Sodamnangry TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks for the fast response! Yea I know Geek Squad has a less-than-stellar reputation. I wanted to try to have a friend help me with servicing it, but my Mom is helping me pay back the bill for the computer/services for it (gift from last year), and insisted on going through Best Buy. -_-

Sorry, uh, Only my mouse and keyboard. I have since changed the USB slots and it *seems* to be fine. I also had a couple of problems while playing a computer game (League of Legends), but then I found that my graphics drivers weren't updated (hmm) and updated them. As of now everything seems to be fine. Any info would be great though, because I JUST got the computer back 4 days ago after experiencing a *ton* of blue screens which led to 25 viruses being found on it. I am very nervous and jittery about this now, and the more I can learn the better.

Thanks again for the response! I really appreciate the fast help. :D

4. Route44

Well viruses will certainly mess with a system. What security software do you have installed? Are you behind a router?

For diagnostic purposes what happens if you switch your USB devices back to the slots they originally occupied?

Show these following rules to your mom:

1. Never trust Geek Squad with laptops or PCs.

2. Never take your system to Geek Squad for Repair.

3. Seriously, avoid Geek Squad.

:grinthumb

5. Sodamnangry

Sodamnangry TS Rookie Topic Starter

I got another one this morning. It seems to happen when I run iTunes + League of Legends. Have been running LoL for a while now with no problems. Apparently something called watchdog.sys ... :-(

6. Route44

Sorry for the delay. I've been ill. Attach your latest minidump files. Also, please answer the questions in my previous post.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.