New BSOD bugcode_usb_drivers on recently serviced computer

I just got my computer recently serviced at Best Buy after a series of bsod's. They claimed that everything was fixed and updated just fine, and that hardware tests revealed that nothing was wrong with the hardware. Now I am having problems again. Yesterday while playing a game my computer blackscreened and turned back on (I didn't get any kind of error message), and this morning my computer fully BSOD me again with the message bugcode_usb_drivers. Please help me! I have never posted on tech forums before...I don't understand most of the language, but this is causing me a great deal of sadness! I am terrible with these things but I will try to provide the info behind the crash.

Dump File: 080711-16302-01.dmp
Crash Time: 8/7/2011 9:27:08 AM
Bug Check String: BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER
Bug Check Code: 0x000000fe
Parameter 1: 00000000`00000005
Parameter 2: fffffa80`0527a1a0
Parameter 3: 00000000`10024397
Parameter 4: fffffa80`0591bf68
Caused by Driver: USBPORT.SYS
Caused by Address: USBPORT.SYS+2df7e
Processor: x64
Crash Address: ntoskrnl.exe+7fd00
Full Path: C:\Windows\Minidump\080711-16302-01.dmp
Processors Count: 2
Major Version: 15
Minor Version: 7601
Dump File Size: 321,632

As per your information 0xFE: BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER
This indicates that an error has occurred in a universal serial bus (USB) driver.

* What USB devices do you have installed and use on a regular basis?

* By the way, Geek Squad has a very poor performance reputation.

Thanks for the fast response! Yea I know Geek Squad has a less-than-stellar reputation. I wanted to try to have a friend help me with servicing it, but my Mom is helping me pay back the bill for the computer/services for it (gift from last year), and insisted on going through Best Buy. -_-

Sorry, uh, Only my mouse and keyboard. I have since changed the USB slots and it *seems* to be fine. I also had a couple of problems while playing a computer game (League of Legends), but then I found that my graphics drivers weren't updated (hmm) and updated them. As of now everything seems to be fine. Any info would be great though, because I JUST got the computer back 4 days ago after experiencing a *ton* of blue screens which led to 25 viruses being found on it. I am very nervous and jittery about this now, and the more I can learn the better.

Thanks again for the response! I really appreciate the fast help. :D

Well viruses will certainly mess with a system. What security software do you have installed? Are you behind a router?

For diagnostic purposes what happens if you switch your USB devices back to the slots they originally occupied?

Show these following rules to your mom:

1. Never trust Geek Squad with laptops or PCs.

2. Never take your system to Geek Squad for Repair.

3. Seriously, avoid Geek Squad.

:grinthumb

I got another one this morning. It seems to happen when I run iTunes + League of Legends. Have been running LoL for a while now with no problems. Apparently something called watchdog.sys ... :-(

Sorry for the delay. I've been ill. Attach your latest minidump files. Also, please answer the questions in my previous post.

Back