New GeForce WHQL driver boosts Bioshock: Infinite, Tomb Raider

By Rick
Mar 25, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Nvidia just published its WHQL-certified 314.22 GeForce drivers. Simply put, if your PC is armed with a GeForce graphics card and you've recently picked up either Tomb Raider or Bioshock: Infinite -- you're going to want this update.

Read more
  2. wastedkill

wastedkill TechSpot Maniac Posts: 1,060   +220

You forgot to add "If you don't have the latest series of nvidia graphics cards this update is 110% useless for you, hence why I haven't updated my driver for 2years now on my 460."
  3. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,729   +874

Tomb Raider still isnt playable really at Ultimate settings.
    Rick Are you gonna rerun the benchmark for Tomb Raider?
    Chazz likes this.
  4. thewind

thewind Newcomer, in training Posts: 65

I dont get why people say its not playable I have a EVGA 680 and It plays great! Havn't updated the drives yet either. I've done benchmarks and I've haven't really seen any increases to performance ever. Once in a blue moon I will but its very rare. I'll try it tonight and let you guys know. Also I run Tomb Raider at 2560 x 1440 on Ultra and I get around 33fps.
  5. thewind

thewind Newcomer, in training Posts: 65

Question for all you smart people out there! It used to be when you played a game and looked at something really simple like the ground your FPS would skyrocket to 300+ when playing a game. Why is it even though I have AA off that when I look at something really simple that FPS doesn't increase that much?
  6. distantreality

distantreality Newcomer, in training Posts: 54   +6

That sounds great to bad my 680 is still sitting in its box along with my asus z77 sabertooth and 3770k ivy bridge bought parts for a new system but never got around to putting it together started getting leg pains and found out I had a bunch of blood clots in my right leg then got tested and found out I have Factor 5 leiden some heridtary blood coagulation disease yay me sigh....
  7. yRaz

yRaz TechSpot Booster Posts: 862   +75

that's a CPU bottleneck
  8. MrAnderson

MrAnderson TechSpot Maniac Posts: 488   +10

Turning off tessellation for Tomb Raider and that got me through with hardly any crashes... Looking forward to Bioshock Infinite tomorrow! Updated my drivers... I'm ready!
  9. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TechSpot Guru Posts: 802   +87

Tomb Raider was already running very nicely so 70% is huge.
  10. ghasmanjr

ghasmanjr TechSpot Booster Posts: 363   +86

Your version of playable and my version of playable are very different.

11. New in GeForce 314.22 Drivers
    • Performance Boost – Increases performance for GeForce 400/500/600 series GPUs in several PC games vs. GeForce 314.07 WHQL-certified drivers. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration. Here are a few examples:

12. And I can confirm that there is a MAJOR increase in performance. On Ultimate settings I got 5 FPS. Now after the update I have 31 FPS avg. I have a 560ti OC edition. Good work nVidia...
  13. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,831   +707

Hey now maybe I can play Tomb Raider on ultra @ 2560x1440 on my GeForce 4 MX440 :D
  14. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,775   +1,429

That would make for an interesting slide show. lol
  15. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,831   +707

It would make for a VERY interesting slide show. Now I just have to figure out how to hook up a couple of monitors and fit an AGP card into a PCIe slot...
  16. amstech

amstech TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 805   +201

It's probably just me because I have the memory of a goldfish; but the last 12 months or so seem like they have been riddled with more driver updates that usual for team red and team green.
  17. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,729   +874

Yeah it is because of the rapid release of games.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.