New GeForce WHQL driver boosts Bioshock: Infinite, Tomb Raider

Rick

Nvidia just published its WHQL-certified 314.22 GeForce drivers. Simply put, if your PC is armed with a GeForce graphics card and you've recently picked up either Tomb Raider or Bioshock: Infinite -- you're going to want this update.

Download GeForce 314.22 (WHQL) drivers here:

In comparison to a previous set of WHQL drivers (314.07), Nvidia claims its new drivers -- while paired with a GTX 680 -- increase Bioshock: Infinite performance by 41 percent and a staggering 71 percent for Tomb Raider.

Although the results posted were generated with a GeForce GTX 680, gains "will be seen on other GPUs" according to Nvidia, but at "varying degrees". As always, keep in mind these numbers likely represent best-case scenarios under specific settings and conditions, so your own mileage may will vary. 

Boosts are also marked for Sniper Elite V2 (22 percent) and Sleeping Dogs (12 percent) as well as a variety of titles under SLI configurations. Improvements under SLI configs include Starcraft II (10 percent), Sniper Elite V2 (22 percent) and Sleeping Dogs (22 percent).

Nvidia 3D Vision has also been improved for MUD, Brutal Legend and Tomb Raider while CUDA 5-based application support has also been slipped in.

Nvidia's GeForce Experience utility (still in beta) can be used to instantly apply optimal game settings for numerous titles, including Bioshock: Infinite. Gamers can snag the utility here.

Permalink to story.

You forgot to add "If you don't have the latest series of nvidia graphics cards this update is 110% useless for you, hence why I haven't updated my driver for 2years now on my 460."

Tomb Raider still isnt playable really at Ultimate settings.
Rick Are you gonna rerun the benchmark for Tomb Raider?

I dont get why people say its not playable I have a EVGA 680 and It plays great! Havn't updated the drives yet either. I've done benchmarks and I've haven't really seen any increases to performance ever. Once in a blue moon I will but its very rare. I'll try it tonight and let you guys know. Also I run Tomb Raider at 2560 x 1440 on Ultra and I get around 33fps.

Question for all you smart people out there! It used to be when you played a game and looked at something really simple like the ground your FPS would skyrocket to 300+ when playing a game. Why is it even though I have AA off that when I look at something really simple that FPS doesn't increase that much?

That sounds great to bad my 680 is still sitting in its box along with my asus z77 sabertooth and 3770k ivy bridge bought parts for a new system but never got around to putting it together started getting leg pains and found out I had a bunch of blood clots in my right leg then got tested and found out I have Factor 5 leiden some heridtary blood coagulation disease yay me sigh....

Question for all you smart people out there! It used to be when you played a game and looked at something really simple like the ground your FPS would skyrocket to 300+ when playing a game. Why is it even though I have AA off that when I look at something really simple that FPS doesn't increase that much?
that's a CPU bottleneck

Turning off tessellation for Tomb Raider and that got me through with hardly any crashes... Looking forward to Bioshock Infinite tomorrow! Updated my drivers... I'm ready!

Tomb Raider still isnt playable really at Ultimate settings.
Rick Are you gonna rerun the benchmark for Tomb Raider?

I dont get why people say its not playable I have a EVGA 680 and It plays great! Havn't updated the drives yet either. I've done benchmarks and I've haven't really seen any increases to performance ever. Once in a blue moon I will but its very rare. I'll try it tonight and let you guys know. Also I run Tomb Raider at 2560 x 1440 on Ultra and I get around 33fps.
Your version of playable and my version of playable are very different.

wastedkill said:
You forgot to add "If you don't have the latest series of nvidia graphics cards this update is 110% useless for you, hence why I haven't updated my driver for 2years now on my 460
[FONT=Trebuchet MS]New in GeForce 314.22 Drivers[/FONT]
  • Performance Boost – Increases performance for GeForce 400/500/600 series GPUs in several PC games vs. GeForce 314.07 WHQL-certified drivers. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration. Here are a few examples:

wastedkill said:
You forgot to add "If you don't have the latest series of nvidia graphics cards this update is 110% useless for you, hence why I haven't updated my driver for 2years now on my 460

New in GeForce 314.22 Drivers

• Performance Boost ? Increases performance for GeForce 400/500/600 series GPUs in several PC games vs. GeForce 314.07 WHQL-certified drivers. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration. Here are a few examples:
And I can confirm that there is a MAJOR increase in performance. On Ultimate settings I got 5 FPS. Now after the update I have 31 FPS avg. I have a 560ti OC edition. Good work nVidia...

It's probably just me because I have the memory of a goldfish; but the last 12 months or so seem like they have been riddled with more driver updates that usual for team red and team green.

It's probably just me because I have the memory of a goldfish; but the last 12 months or so seem like they have been riddled with more driver updates that usual for team red and team green.
Yeah it is because of the rapid release of games.

Back