TechSpot

News around the web: Tiger Woods Is Top Search Term

By Erik
Dec 11, 2009
  1. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,356   +402

"Tiger Woods Is Top Search Term."

I don't know why you'd have to do a search for him. He's been on every news cast, every web news and social page, and is on the cover of every newspaper and every magazine.

In fact, you have to do a search to get AWAY from news about him. ;-)

2. slh28

slh28 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,925   +170

Haha those 10 promised technologies were a good read. Except the self driving car has already been done by Merc.

3. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,910   +716

VIDEOPHONE !!!!! That's just wacky- what were those guys thinking. Never happen...

4. Xclusiveitalian

Xclusiveitalian TS Guru Posts: 686   +47

Agreed! The media is playing it over and over like if we actually care anymore!

5. gobbybobby

gobbybobby TS Maniac Posts: 546

wow I tunes take paypal, I had no idea; maybe I will buy music instead of listening to adverts on Spotify.

6. Dear Yahoo!:
    Who said "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned"?
    An Insensitive Man
    Dear Insensitive:
    While many attribute the quote to William Shakespeare, it actually comes from a play called the "The Mourning Bride" (1697) by William Congreve. The complete quote is "Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned / Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned."

Perhaps its time we update this ancient axiom. I suggest, "hell hath no fury like that of a media w*ore dumped".

The "love to hatred turned" part sounds like a precursor to "Yoda speak". This is what Tiger gets for mucking about in the darkside.

Myself, I could care less, much less waste time searching the web about it.

7. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,305   +52 Staff Member

Maybe the top search was -"tiger woods", but they left the syntax out.

... nah.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.