TechSpot

Next-gen ARM GPUs to deliver console-like graphics to smartphones

By Shawn Knight
Aug 6, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. ARM already holds the mobile GPU crown with their quad-core Mali-400 GPU found in the Galaxy S III while the already-announced but not-yet-released Mali T-604 was recently submitted for OpenCL 1.1 full profile conformance. There's also the higher-end eight-core T-658……

Read more
  2. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Maniac Posts: 1,166   +241

So basically poo 2002 graphics :'( phones already have better graphics than that!
  3. amstech

amstech TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 850   +219

So the 5 or whatever year old triple core that is in a X360 with a 256MB GPU (or specs near this) is making it into a smartphone...it's a cool article but I wish I more excited.
    And I hate small screens :D
  4. ok, as I understand it, there's 480p resolution, 720p, 1080p, and 4k...WTF is 8k??
  5. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,978   +1,487

Ultra High Definition Television
  6. I thought humans couldn't see the difference between 720 and 1080 resolutions? Why go higher? What am I missing?
  7. princeton

princeton TS Addict Posts: 1,716

You're missing the fact that your info is from an inaccurate source. The resolution that the human eye can see is determined by viewing distance. It's like the blanket statement than people can't see past 30fps, it's not accurate not only as a number but on the basis of trying to give it one number as a limit.
  8. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,978   +1,487

Exactly but lets not forget screen dimensions is also a factor.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.