TechSpot

Nokia press conference could reveal new Lumia tablet, smartphone

By Shawn Knight
Apr 29, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Nokia has invited members of the press to a conference on May 14 where they plan to reveal the next chapter in the Lumia story. The Finnish handset maker didn’t outline exactly what we will see but rumors point to...

Read more
  2. I owned the old N-8 and love it to this day....however am so upset about M$oft windows being the OS of choice for Nokia. Please, Nokia!!! please, go ANDROID !! ..... Every major player seem to support every and anything android. Release yourself from the shackles of M$oft windows.
  3. captainawesome

captainawesome TS Guru Posts: 412   +42

Guest above - I would much prefer if they didn't ditch the n9 software, I think it was still called Meego at the time. Although Meego looks very different today. the N9 was a top notch phone.
    Uvindu likes this.
  4. Lazy.Lee

Lazy.Lee TS Rookie

ANDROID ? You're so funny.
  5. With the CEO being an ex-Microsoft guy, it's doubtful that they'll bring back another phone OS until Elop gets shown the door. I think it was a mistake to pull the plug on Symbian and MeeGo, both of which were fine for lower-priced smartphones.

I have an N900, which I like quite a bit. Wish it had a larger display.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.