Notepad++

LookinAround

I just started using Notepad++. It's VERY useful with a powerful set of built-in functions plus another 44 plug-ins available on Sourceforge.net that extends its functionality even further

I nominate it for the TechSpot download site

:) One of my favorite tools. I even write custom languages for parsing different types of log files with it.

I just started using it. I am very impressed. Perhaps one of you might be able to answer a question:

I used the Compare plug-in to diff two different files and I'd like to save the results. I've found I could copy/paste each file result, but then I lose the high-lighting of text lines when they're in both files but have differences. Any suggestion on a method to save things so I can review them again later?

OH. I just had my own thought. Copy/paste to Excel will work to preserve extra rows added to a file to keep matching text rows in sync between files. I could then use Excel conditional formatting to compare text lines and re-create a COLOR to flag the diffs.

Love this as a light-weight text editor with lots of handy tools, program language based colouring etc. Hard to go back to Notepad after using it!

I've been using Notepad++ for a long time! When I started coding it was the first tool I was introduced to.

I've been using Notepad++ for a long time! When I started coding it was the first tool I was introduced to.

Yeah my cousin taught me with it. He can do pretty advanced web developing and he still prefers this over something like Dreamweaver. I have been liking a program called Brackets lately. It is basically an open source version of Dreamweaver.

Back