Notepad++

By LookinAround
Sep 23, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. I just started using Notepad++. It's VERY useful with a powerful set of built-in functions plus another 44 plug-ins available on Sourceforge.net that extends its functionality even further

I nominate it for the TechSpot download site
  2. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,803   +1,433

3. LookinAround

LookinAround TechSpot Chancellor Topic Starter Posts: 8,361   +167

cliffordcooley likes this.
  4. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,284   +262

:) One of my favorite tools. I even write custom languages for parsing different types of log files with it.
  5. LookinAround

I just started using it. I am very impressed. Perhaps one of you might be able to answer a question:

I used the Compare plug-in to diff two different files and I'd like to save the results. I've found I could copy/paste each file result, but then I lose the high-lighting of text lines when they're in both files but have differences. Any suggestion on a method to save things so I can review them again later?
  6. LookinAround

OH. I just had my own thought. Copy/paste to Excel will work to preserve extra rows added to a file to keep matching text rows in sync between files. I could then use Excel conditional formatting to compare text lines and re-create a COLOR to flag the diffs.
  7. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,519   +311

8. Darth Shiv

Darth Shiv TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,145   +172

Love this as a light-weight text editor with lots of handy tools, program language based colouring etc. Hard to go back to Notepad after using it!
  9. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,797   +882

Yeah it is great for HTML and PHP editing.
  10. Blkfx1

Blkfx1 TechSpot Addict Posts: 884   +171

I've been using Notepad++ for a long time! When I started coding it was the first tool I was introduced to.
  11. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,797   +882

Yeah my cousin taught me with it. He can do pretty advanced web developing and he still prefers this over something like Dreamweaver. I have been liking a program called Brackets lately. It is basically an open source version of Dreamweaver.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.