Sublime Text is available for Mac, Windows and Linux. One license is all you need to use Sublime Text on every computer you own, no matter what operating system it uses. Sublime Text uses a custom UI toolkit, optimized for speed and beauty, while taking advantage of native functionality on each platform.
Use Goto Anything to open files with only a few keystrokes, and instantly jump to symbols, lines or words.
Triggered with Ctrl+P, it is possible to:
- Type part of a file name to open it.
- Type @ to jump to symbols, # to search within the file, and : to go to a line number.
These shortcuts can be combined, so tp@rf may take you to a function readfile within a file textparser.py. Similarly, tp:100 would take you to line 100 of the same file.
Make ten changes at the same time, not one change ten times. Multiple selections allow you to interactively change many lines at once, rename variables with ease, and manipulate files faster than ever.
Try pressing Ctrl+Shift+L to split the selection into lines and Ctrl+D to select the next occurrence of the selected word. To make multiple selections with the mouse, take a look at the Column Selection documentation.
The Command Palette holds infrequently used functionality, like sorting, changing the syntax and changing the indentation settings. With just a few keystrokes, you can search for what you want, without ever having to navigate through the menus or remember obscure key bindings.
Show the Command Palette with Ctrl+Shift+P.
Distraction Free Mode
When you need to focus, Distraction Free Mode is there to help you out. Distraction Free Mode is full screen, chrome free editing, with nothing but your text in the center of the screen. You can incrementally show elements of the UI, such as tabs and the find panel, as you need them.
You can enter Distraction Free Mode using the View/Enter Distraction Free Mode menu.
Get the most out of your wide screen monitor with split editing support. Edit files side by side, or edit two locations in the one file. You can edit with as many rows and columns as you wish.
Take advantage of multiple monitors by editing with multiple windows, and using multiple splits in each window.
Take a look at the View/Layout menu for split editing options. To open multiple views into the one file, use the File/New View into File menu item.
Instant Project Switch
Projects in Sublime Text capture the full contents of the workspace, including modified and unsaved files. You can switch between projects in a manner similar to Goto Anything, and the switch is instant, with no save prompts - all your modifications will be restored next time the project is opened.
Key Bindings, Menus, Snippets, Macros, Completions and more - just about everything in Sublime Text is customizable with simple JSON files. This system gives you flexibility as settings can be specified on a per-file type and per-project basis.
Sublime Text has a powerful, Python based plugin API. Along with the API, it comes with a built in Python console to interactively experiment in real time.
- Various syntax highlighting improvements
- Git: Git repositories at the top level of a users home directory are ignored for performance reasons. This can be changed via the allow_git_home_dir setting.
- Git: Improved performance with a large number of git repositories in the side bar
- Git: Fixed UTF8 BOMs not being handled correctly in .gitignore files
- Fixed a crash in the Git repository handling
- Improved file indexing behavior in some scenarios
- Improved scrolling logic in some scenarios
- Fixed block carets changing the way text selection works
- Fixed swap_line_up and swap_line_down transforming tabs into spaces
- Mac: Added a workaround for a MacOS issue with DisplayLink adapters
- Lixed: Fixed compatibility with old Linux distributions
- Linux: Improved high dpi handling under KDE
- Linux: Tweaked the way text scaling is handled
- Linux: Fixed incorrect file ownership in the deb packages
- API: Fixed an incompatibility with SublimeREPL
- API: Fixed regression with phantoms interfering with home/end behavior
Apps similar to Sublime Text 7
Free source code editor which supports several programming languages running under the MS Windows environment.
A hackable text editor for the 21st Century.
- Free to Try