Nvidia GTX 460 listed on Newegg, starting at $199

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member

As you likely learned from our review this morning, Nvidia's latest mid-range product, the GTX 460 is not just coming... it's already here. Reviews of the new GPU are just popping up, but Nvidia faithful can now grab the card via Newegg. Twelve products are currently listed from vendors such as Evga, Palit, Asus, and Gigabyte.

As was predicted, GTX 460 cards with 768MB of GDDR5 are starting at $199, while those with 1GB are priced around $230. There are several factory overclocked variations available, and they are surprisingly affordable. One EVGA offering boasts a core clock of 763Mhz, which is approximately 13 percent higher than reference design cards for an extra $10.

Although all GeForce GTX 460 boards are currently showing as "in stock" with no quantity restrictions, you'll probably need to act fast if you'd like to have one in your PC by the end of the week.

Permalink to story.

I'm almost positive I'm going to go this route when I upgrade next month. In fact, I believe this will be my first SLI setup with two of these bad boys considering the pricing.

I'm happy that nVidia users are finally getting a card like this. Now, hopefully ATI will respond with some good ol' fashioned price cuts so I can trade my pair of space heating 4870's for a swell 58xx card.

I was about to put an ATI card in my shopping list for my next system build this summer, but I think this little Nvidia card will be my first pick. The review painted it in good light. And it's such a pleasant surprise to see stock of these cards at the same time of the review and not have to wait many months.

A price war seems likely now. ATI has had this part of the market to itself for quite some time, and prices surged noticeably as a result. Hopefully they'll now return to the golden days of $129 dollar Radeon 4870s.

I'm happy that nVidia users are finally getting a card like this. Now, hopefully ATI will respond with some good ol' fashioned price cuts so I can trade my pair of space heating 4870's for a swell 58xx card.

this is what i was hoping too but i need the 5870 to drop near $300 before i even think about picking one up...

A review with theses 400's against the old 200's from wld be great to see...especially the 285 and 295.

Guest said:
A review with theses 400's against the old 200's from wld be great to see...especially the 285 and 295.

+1 on that, unless DBZ is able to give a Link :)

Would be nice to see how much forward the new cards really are over the older ones.

Guru 3D has the 285 & 295 listed in there benchmarks for non DX11 games and it appears the lower end 460s sit just above/around the 285 while the 1gb versions sit comfortably above it and in some games comes close to the 295. OCing the 460 could possibly get you results similar to the 295 in some games from the benchmarks I saw.

They also have there SLI review up for anyone interested which is pretty awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back