Nvidia Performance Degrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

princeton

Hi,
I have noticed on all nvidia drivers I have tried 17x.xx to 19x.xx when I play for long periods of time my performance slowly degrades. For example. I start crysis on high at 1280x1024 with 45-60fps. Once I reach the 3rd to 4th level im getting single digit frames. None of my components are overclocked. Does anyone have an idea of what might cause this. Also its not just crysis its every game. I run windows 7 X64. And my specs should be listed under my name.

heat could be hampering the performance... make sure your card's fan is near 100% while running GPU-intensive applications. you can adjust fan speeds in nvidia control panel or download RivaTuner. i'd say if core temps are exceeding ~70c then it's likely the card is being directly affected by excessive heat. if you've tried a lot of drivers then it's even more evidence that your graphics card is overheating.

heat could be hampering the performance... make sure your card's fan is near 100% while running GPU-intensive applications. you can adjust fan speeds in nvidia control panel or download RivaTuner. i'd say if core temps are exceeding ~70c then it's likely the card is being directly affected by excessive heat. if you've tried a lot of drivers then it's even more evidence that your graphics card is overheating.

Ok I forces the fan at 100%. It nevers goes over 55-60 though but I'll check for improvements. Thanks for your info.

If raising the fan doesn't help, it could be something else like the northbridge temps or even a background process hogging resources (i.e. CPU or RAM). 60c isn't really that unreasonable at all for the graphics card unless the vRAM is overheating, but that's probably not the case.

If raising the fan doesn't help, it could be something else like the northbridge temps or even a background process hogging resources (i.e. CPU or RAM). 60c isn't really that unreasonable at all for the graphics card unless the vRAM is overheating, but that's probably not the case.

What would be a good program to monitor mobo northbridge,ram,cpu temperatures? Also I'm running an asus p5q se plus motherboard and a core 2 duo E7500. I want to force the cpu fan at 100 but If my motherboard can do it which I dont think it can I can't seem to find the option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back