Nvidia releases GeForce 355.82 drivers for Metal Gear Solid V and Mad Max

Scorpus

Staff member

Nvidia has released a new set of GeForce graphics card drivers, version 355.82, that are "Game Ready" for two major upcoming PC game releases: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, and Mad Max, both of which launch on September 1st.

Neither Mad Max nor Metal Gear Solid V are GameWorks titles, so there are no Nvidia-optimized or Nvidia-exclusive effects to be worried about in either game. Nvidia has partnered with Konami for a game bundle featuring The Phantom Pain, but the publisher has kept vendor-agnostic as far as hardware support goes.

Other than optimizations for the aforementioned games, the GeForce 355.82 drivers also include a number of new or updated SLI profiles for games including Batman: Arkham Knight, Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition, FIFA 16, Mad Max, Rocket League, and World of Tanks.

As always, you can download the latest Nvidia GeForce drivers automatically through GeForce Experience, or you can grab a manual installer from our download section. Click here for Windows 10 or here for XP/Vista/7/8.

Permalink to story.

Well, news of the day is Konami puts on a DVD disk version of their game a fully functional Steam installer (only, nothin else), so those with a slow or metered internet wouldn't waste money or time on downloading it. I swear to God, last few years studios go full retard, 'Idiocracy' style.

I don't get excited for drivers that just accommodate new titles/GPUs, only a small handful of gamers are using the latest generation of GPU's. While there are those of us that upgrade every other quarter, most enthusiast gamers go a year or two before they plan to upgrade, for various reasons.
I understand you can only get so much out of so many CUDA cores and tech (in my case, Keplar) but its still nice to see little improvements and updates that affect my GK-104.
If you bought such a powerful card, why are you replacing it after one year? I paid $400 for my 670 and I will get 3 years out no matter what, although I only play at 1600p.

I don't get excited for drivers that just accommodate new titles/GPUs, only a small handful of gamers are using the latest generation of GPU's. While there are those of us that upgrade every other quarter, most enthusiast gamers go a year or two before they plan to upgrade, for various reasons.
I understand you can only get so much out of so many CUDA cores and tech (in my case, Keplar) but its still nice to see little improvements and updates that affect my GK-104.
If you bought such a powerful card, why are you replacing it after one year? I paid $400 for my 670 and I will get 3 years out no matter what, although I only play at 1600p.
Well, cannot disagree, although Your card is supported and as You say, might bring some tweaks and impovements, so You're lucky. Also, industry hit the wall on Moore's Law, and in 3 years your card lost half the value, as it's now on par with $200-250 GTX960, so You're spot on the keeping-your-card-longer concept. For the same reason I paid double than usually and bought 970, and hope it will last 3-4 years. On the other hand GTX5xxM Fermi series is not supported although its GTX6xxM twin brother is. For this reason I never tested Windows 10 Preview as my lying around laptop has 580m and I genuinely lost interest. Kinda retarded on nVidia's part. One can clearly see they are only after the money, not supporting consumers.

I'm kind of getting tired of these drivers just for one game, I have MGSV in my library and won't update any drivers, I hope this won't bring any trouble to my game.

Back