TechSpot

Nvidia reportedly planning to offer Metro: Last Light with GeForces

By Matthew
Apr 15, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Nvidia may be preparing to mount a counterattack against AMD's "Never Settle" game bundle initiative, according to TechPowerUp. The site reports that it has learned Nvidia is "frantically" looking to address its rival's program, which has been largely popular among...

Read more

2. Win7Dev

Win7Dev TS Booster Posts: 357   +39

Nvidia has this all wrong. It's about raw performance, not the freebies that come with the graphics card. Give me a $50 discount instead of giving me a game.

Xclusiveitalian likes this.
  3. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 6,975   +908

They are only doing this since AMD is offering up to 4 games with a card. A lot of people see the games as a discount. For example, a $60 game is basically like 60 bucks off in some poeples eyes. Especially if it is a game they wanted.

Xclusiveitalian likes this.
  4. amstech

amstech TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 861   +225

I will "never settle" for a Radeon again...well, not anytime soon. It's good to see all these regular and CrossfireX frametime/latency reviews backup what I have noticed for years...even when they benchmark faster, they feel slower compared to a GTX.
    Really put the foot in the mouths 7950/7970 owners. You got what you paid for.

5. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 6,975   +908

The only thing that irks me about AMD is the drivers. They are being improved with each release. Especially with the recent launch of the uninstall utility.

6. Xclusiveitalian

Xclusiveitalian TS Guru Posts: 681   +46

I agree, I wish they would do something like that but on a side note can probably sell the game new and make something.

7. Chazz

Chazz TS Enthusiast Posts: 633   +60

Ya, just search Ebay. You can make it a discount if you wanted to. They're actually bundling sweet games though, so a lot just use the codes.

8. TS-56336

TS-56336 TS Booster Posts: 577   +98

Nvidia is looking desperate.

9. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,865   +687

Obviously.
    I'm sure AMD would love to enjoy the level of desperation that Nvidia is going through if the company are in a strong enough position to buy back another $1bn of their own stock.

JC713 and cliffordcooley like this.
  10. Marketing is not news... though the fact video card cost more because some exec thinks I want that bundled game is laughable.. & quite disturbing.

11. Footlong

Footlong TS Rookie Posts: 22

Nice, I already own a HD 7950 and I'm happy with that. Still a free game is always welcome.
    Yes, nVidia is strong in it's mobile market. AMD however is at a big loss. Only the console market can save AMD now.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.