NZXT is selling PCs without graphics cards

midian182

Staff member
In context: With the GPU market in a shambolic state, some consumers desperate to upgrade their PCs are turning to pre-builds. If you're one of them, make sure the computer in question comes with a graphics card, as NZXT has joined the ranks of companies selling pre-built PCs sans the component.

NZXT’s Foundation PC - H510 Edition is an impressive-looking machine. Its $799 price gets you an AMD Ryzen 5 5600G processor, 16GB of DDR4 3000, a 500GB NVMe M.2 SSD, a B550 ATX mobo, a Deepcool Gammaxx GTE V2 air cooler, and a 650W PSU, all packed inside the firm’s very nice H510 case.

Conspicuously absent from that list of hardware is a graphics card. Buyers must instead rely on the Ryzen 5 5600G APU and its integrated graphics for their gaming needs. We gave the chip a score of 80 in August, noting that it offers some excellent gaming performance for an iGPU.

Also read: The Best Desktop PCs -- Pre-Built FTW?!

Our tests on the Ryzen 5 5600G iGPU showed it managing around 30fps in Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla, Watch Dogs Legion, and Shadow of the Tomb Raider, all at 1080p with settings at low. CS:GO, meanwhile, can surpass 100fps at 1080p/Medium. NZXT claims its PC can manage Valorant at 112 fps and GTA at 60fps.

Some may balk at the idea of gaming PC without a graphics card, but a new report shows that Ampere and RDNA 2 selling prices remain almost double their MSRP, so this might be the best option for those wanting to dive into PC gaming without spending a fortune. It’s also a compelling buy for anyone who already owns a card but doesn't want to upgrade the rest of their rig.

This isn’t the first 'no-GPU' pre-built gaming PC. Fierce PC started selling its own range of gaming-focused computers with integrated graphics cards earlier this year.

Permalink to story.

Price is extremely high for a system you can effectively build yourself for 500. Yes I know there's support and delivery and unified warranties, all the usual goodies and positive points people bring up when talking pre-builds.

But it's just not worth a 50-60% mark up that's just a scam.

Price is extremely high for a system you can effectively build yourself for 500. Yes I know there's support and delivery and unified warranties, all the usual goodies and positive points people bring up when talking pre-builds.

I completely agree, but the word you're looking for is "rip-off".

This makes me question why do I even want a better GPU. Considering games that I play I could see myself surviving on a decent iGPU like this one.

This makes me question why do I even want a better GPU. Considering games that I play I could see myself surviving on a decent iGPU like this one.
I've been holding on with just an APU for several months now. Only thing I had to give up was native 4k resolution but upscaling 1080p has been "good enough" vs having to pay 140% mark up for a gpu.

Classic games, indie games, etc. Work just fine with an APU to the point that I wouldn't even consider a gpu unless the 3050 desktop edition ends up happening (Which at this point, it will not be a thing and is very likely Nvidia also skips a 4050 with the next gen being close enough that it will start during the shortage too)

Sad that some people still think a return to 'normal' is coming. Can't wait for the melt downs when Intel gpus launch and every player jockey's to inflate prices even more. Think a 1050 ti for 300 is outlandish? By the end of next year that is going to seem like an absolute bargain.

I dunno. I tried pricing one on Newegg the other day and ended up at $624.
5600g @ $229, mobo @ $89...
And that's using the existing case and Windows license all the new parts would go into.
Adding a case ($80?) and Windows license ($119) = $823

BUT, HP has a Ryzen 5 5600G system for $599 with 16 GB RAM, 256 GB M.2, 2TB HDD

Sad that some people still think a return to 'normal' is coming. Can't wait for the melt downs when Intel gpus launch and every player jockey's to inflate prices even more. Think a 1050 ti for 300 is outlandish? By the end of next year that is going to seem like an absolute bargain.
You're not wrong here, I just don't think people realize how unsustainable the situation is.

When I suggest downsizing to indie and classic titles it's precisely because I don't foresee a very positive outcome for the future of PC AAA gaming at this rate and if what you mention comes to pass (And while I'm not sure I think there's more than a good chance it just might) then Nvidia and AMD will start releasing products mostly as "Workstation Compute" while winking at miners and big name game developers will just stop "porting" their big titles to PC altogether.

You're not wrong here, I just don't think people realize how unsustainable the situation is.

When I suggest downsizing to indie and classic titles it's precisely because I don't foresee a very positive outcome for the future of PC AAA gaming at this rate and if what you mention comes to pass (And while I'm not sure I think there's more than a good chance it just might) then Nvidia and AMD will start releasing products mostly as "Workstation Compute" while winking at miners and big name game developers will just stop "porting" their big titles to PC altogether.
Thing is, the interest in aaa pc gaming is growing among the elites/ruling class and that demo alone can sustain it. What we're going to see is among many other areans the sweeping paradigm shift is affecting. That something once accessible to everyone will become largely out of reach for the everyday consumer. Aka 'poor' people.

Thing is, the interest in aaa pc gaming is growing among the elites/ruling class and that demo alone can sustain it. What we're going to see is among many other areans the sweeping paradigm shift is affecting. That something once accessible to everyone will become largely out of reach for the everyday consumer. Aka 'poor' people.
It is for the hardware side, but I'm not sure agree on the software side: Consoles usually move a hell of a lot more units and charging double or triple for the same thing on PC as a luxury means implementing additional features to justify it even for rich people, they'd expect a hell of a lot better than the console experience and that would costs money.

I could foresee a more specialized market however so, some of that getting picked up by a very niche but very specialized sub-section of PC gaming like VR and AR stuff which could end up being the thing to experience with all that horse power consoles just don't have. But your typical yearly franchises from EA, Activision, Ubisoft, etc. Still making it to PC as AAA games on the regular I don't think that has future if the low and mid tier PC gaming market for hardware basically disappears for much longer, like it has for over a year now.

In other news, water is wet.

It's a sad state of affairs for PC gamers but this has gone on for long enough now that it doesn't surprise me. I hope things will return to normal before my GTX 970 breathes it's final breath.

I dunno. I tried pricing one on Newegg the other day and ended up at $624.
5600g @ $229, mobo @ $89...
And that's using the existing case and Windows license all the new parts would go into.
Adding a case ($80?) and Windows license ($119) = $823

BUT, HP has a Ryzen 5 5600G system for $599 with 16 GB RAM, 256 GB M.2, 2TB HDD

I know you're right. Dont be ashamed. Even at $800 it is pretty solid performer, and that standard components, and NZXT case will be better than what HP offers.

The whole point is somewhat missing from the beginning of the news piece: NZXT advertise this PC as gaming one, which is.. say uncommon point of view on gaming. Considering that gaming is what it is from gamers point of view.

Last edited:
At least the price is low, as it should be for a PC without a video card.

Perhaps the crypto-fueled skyrocketing of video card prices will be just what IGUs need to gain popularity.

If your gonna go that route at least give them DDR4 4200 or something to max out the memory performance for the APU. I got to mess around with a 5600g for a build for a friend and tested it at 2400, 3200 and 4000mhz on the ram and man the jump from 2400 to 3200 is insane and 400 gave another decent jump in performance. They also had a easy overclock on the gpu up to 2200 from the stock 1900.

Back