OCZ is axing 28% of its global workforce and 150 product variations

By Matthew
Nov 1, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Hoping to get OCZ back on track, newly appointed chief executive Ralph Schmitt has revealed plans to reduce costs and streamline the company's lineup. OCZ has repeatedly missed earnings expectations, including a $6.3 million loss in its first quarter that...

Read more
  2. captainawesome

captainawesome TechSpot Booster Posts: 411   +42

I'm really worried about this :( OCZ makes awesome products. I would really not like to see their company dwindle away and not challenge the titans like Intel and Samsung
  3. Sniped_Ash

Sniped_Ash Newcomer, in training Posts: 122   +34

Actually OCZ has a pretty bad track record with SSD reliability and it doesn't matter if their drives are cheaper because having a boot drive crap itself is huge pain in the ***. That's why the Corsair M4 and Samsung 830 are so highly recommended: they are reliable and are in the sweet spot for price vs. performance.
  4. Jim$ter

Jim$ter TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 119   +20

I agree after dealing with unreliable Vertex and Vertex 2 drives this is not surprising. I was ready to give up on SSD's thinking they were all flaky till I went to Crucial M4 drive and saw how they are suppose to work. It has worked flawlessly and reliably since day one. I will never go back to OCZ and recommend all my friends to steer clear of them no matter how good they look on paper.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.