TechSpot

OCZ launches Enyo, a sleek USB 3.0-packing external SSD

By Matthew
May 5, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OCZ expanded its flash drive lineup today by adding a new super fast, highly portable solid-state drive with looks to match. The company first revealed the (then unnamed) Enyo portable SSD in its CES announcements, but few details were provided.

Read the whole story
  2. seefizzle

seefizzle TS Enthusiast Posts: 107   +15

I built a pretty mean computer recently and sprung for a board with USB 3 so that I could enjoy the spoils of the faster connection at a later point in time. This hard drive would be great if it wasn't so ridiculously expensive. We've been talking for a long time that SSD's would come down in price... how long do we have to wait?
  3. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

Enterprise use aside, SSD are only cost effective as a boot drive. For external storage its really overkill, unless you're trying to download the NOC list before the door opens.
  4. Badfinger

Badfinger TS Rookie Posts: 160

I theorize that SSD makers are still trying to recoup R&D, so I figure a couple more years before the high prices are gone.
    In that time hopefully the sizes and speeds improve as well.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.