Outlook gets LinkedIn, Facebook and MySpace

By Matthew
Feb 17, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Outlook is the latest of Microsoft's products to be tied into popular social networks. Last November, Microsoft revealed that a new feature called Outlook Social Connector would gather social feeds from social sites. LinkedIn was the first aboard, and a beta version of the LinkedIn OSC has just launched for Outlook 2003, 2007 and 2010 users.

Read the whole story
  2. Very interesting. I use Buzz - I am totally on Gmail so I wont be getting this just yet, but it may be a reason for me to go back to outlook. Buzz rocks for photography, which is where Facebook fails. But it's an interesting move ahead.
  3. Neat, but for personal use only. The only place I use outlook is at work and I doubt that you'd want all of this stuff (Facebook, MySpace) on a PC/file that belongs to someone else (who can access it anytime they see fit)....unless you want all of your good and bad social networking laundry to be available. You hear the stories of people not hired or fired for their content/associations on these sites so it'd be interesting to see how those situations would play out in the workplace.
  4. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,290   +281

Oh great; now Oultlook can be infected by all the notorious social networking sites :(
  5. Punkid

Punkid TechSpot Maniac Posts: 543

lol @jobeard , u are right
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.