Page Fault In Nonpaged Area, XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone help me out with this problem please? I have built a new PC, and it’s been unstable from the first day I powered it up. It constantly fails with a BSOD, (PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA is the most frequent error, but by no means the only Stop error).

Some basic details; Gigabyte EP45 UD3P (Bios version F9), Intel E8600, Samsung Spinpoint 1Tb, 4Gb G.SKILL DDR2-800 [F2-6400CL4D-4GBPK] (CL4-4-4-12 2.0~2.1V), ATI Sapphire HD 4830, Cooler Master 460W PSU. Not overclocked.

I ran the Microsoft mtinst memory test utility on extended test mode for 9 hours without fault. I have removed and re-seated the RAM. I have resized the Pagefile and defraged the HDD, with zero success. Minidumps are attached. Can somebody help me out…? Appreciate it, Paul.

I've checked your minidumps and all point to different processes. Some to iexplore.exe, others to explorer.exe, ntkrpamp.exe, dwwin.exe etc. It's very random. The fault is described as Pool_corruption - so I'm afraid that memory still looks to be the culprit. If it's not memory then it could be CPU. A CPU that is running too hot can cause some strange results.

What are you usually doing when the crashes occur? Have you tried running with your memory timings set to slowest and most failsafe settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back