PC build help needed

killerclown96

hey guys what do ya think of my build? all comments will be appreciated

Intel CPU i5 760 - 147 (will be OC to 4 GHZ)
NZXT Tempest EVO - 80
EVGA NVIDIA GTX 470 - 200
ThermalTake Frio - 39
Coolermaster Silent ProM1000k- 130
Samsung SH-S223C/BEBE 22x - 14
Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB - 43
OCZ Gold(2x2GB) DDR3 (1333MHz- 65
Emprex 9051H + 883U KIT Ultimate - 20
LG W2261VP 22 inch - 130
eVGA P55 FTW 200 - 220
TOTAL - 1088

in the futere i will be upgrading to 3-Way sli!so tell me what you think
Killerclown OUT!!!

thats the thermaltake frio

but dont forget that the gtx 470 can be overlocked as well

i forgot to mention i live in england

sli scales better than crosfire though

In terms of value, the gtx 460 is better. And overclocks more than the gtx 470 does by a mile.

sli does scale better in some games but crossfire is right up there with it imo crossfire 6870s would be great and are actually faster than crossfire 5870s

thats the thermaltake frio

but dont forget that the gtx 470 can be overlocked as well

i forgot to mention i live in england

sli scales better than crosfire though

the gtx 460 could still throw the 470 to the dust with overclocking,
it's just the way the card is made... I've heard bad things from overclocking the 470. SO be careful!

You do seem to have an answer for everything. Did you post this to get our opinion, or to try and explain that you think you know more than us? Best advice I can come up with is this, do it your way.

There's this though, you don't seem like somebody who can afford a 30 inch monitor, and 2 GT-460s in SLI will play any game @ 1920 X 1200, with high settings. (Which BTW, you won't even make 1920 X 1200, with that 22" monitor). So, anything beyond that is overkill, or something to brag about.

BTW, I turned off "Killer Clowns" about 10 minutes into it, boy did that movie suck.

captaincranky "out"..! :rolleyes:

You have a point cap, ask for advise then debate it. There should be some kind of disclaimer in these threads.

im sorry guys but i was so sure that the gtx 470 can destroy the gtx 460
but in the future i want to go 3 way sli and the gtx 460 cant do that and in a year from now i am getting a 50 inch tv so it will be fun

Well, with that being said, no matter how big a TV is, its maximum resolution is still 1920 X 1080. Therefore, 2 GT-460s would still do a bang up job of driving it.

You can obviously do as you see fit in building a computer. However, at some point you have to come to grips with the fact that, often times it becomes an issue of self indulgence, quite less frequently, one of actual need.

In the performance arena, some time the better driver wins, not the better car.

Well, Christine O'Donnell has made it clear there's no place for "self indulgence" :D
Denying another the luxury of self indulgence could be construed to be self indulgent also. Moving on, the optimun place for one's self indulgence with Christine O'Donnell would likely be dead center of her face.

In this thread however, I'm not really trying to prevent self indulgence, but rather assist the OP with his ability to recognize it in himself, separate the man from his own mythology, as it were, and prevent further splatter. :rolleyes: :haha: :wave:

Denying another the luxury of self indulgence could be construed to be self indulgent also. Moving on, the optimun place for one's self indulgence with Christine O'Donnell would likely be dead center of her face.

In this thread however, I'm not really trying to prevent self indulgence, but rather assist the OP with his ability to recognize it in himself, separate the man from his own mythology, as it were, and prevent further splatter. :rolleyes: :haha: :wave:

Well put. And, hmmmm..... Aiming dead center of Christine's O'Donnell's face would also be well placed :haha::wave:

I recommend checking out some benchmarks to see how well the GTX 460 runs in SLI Clown. And personally like others I recommend the 1GB 460 over the 470 due to superior price/performance, cooling & OC potential. I also think a three way SLI with the 470 is a waste at this time and two 460's alone is a great combination that should easily hold you at 1920 X 1080. And as Cpt so elegantly put it going beyond that has little to do with need. But hey if you want to 3-way SLI good luck :) , just remember its not the best price/performance option.

PS: LOL @ CptCranky & Lookin :grinthumb .

Back