PC rebooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nos402

We have a mdia PC in the livin room fro watching Netflix Instant Watch and other downloaded files. Lately it just randomly reboots. I changed video cards, changed hard drives, completely reformatted-re-installed XP Pro, made sure my drivers were updated, etc. So I'm basically down to thinkin it's RAM, Mobo, or processor. I wondered if anyone here could get any clues from these:

Event log entry:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000000a (0xfffffffc, 0x000000ff, 0x00000000, 0x804db973). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini021109-02.dmp.

Dump is attached.

I get the file "Mini021109-02.dmp " is corrupt cannot read
You will need to remove the attachment Edit -> Advanced Edit -> Manage Attachments -> Remove the attachment -> Save

Then re-reply and add the Minidump again. Something went wrong with this one :(

Because of your corrupt file :(
I had to locate someone's (anyone's) Minidump, then download it then test to see it wasn't me.

It wasn't !

Just delete that Minidump from C:\Windows\Minidump folder
And wait for another (if ever)

By the way, in most cases these things are just related to drivers requiring updating, have a look h e r e at updating them

Otherwise :wave:

By the way, ethernet is preferred (ie not USB)
But not enough info to know exactly, at this point (ie you may already have ethernet connection)

I'm using an ethernet port not USB. Made sure drivers were the latest. Got two more dumps over night (attached)

BugCheck 1000000A, {4, 2, 1, 804e8beb}
Probably caused by : ntoskrnl.exe
PROCESS_NAME: System

BugCheck 1000000A, {0, 2, 1, 804dc11d}
Probably caused by : ntoskrnl.exe
PROCESS_NAME: avgcsrvx.exe

avgcsrvx.exe is found in 13 location(s)

%ProgramFiles%\AVG\AVG8\
%ProgramFiles%\Security\AVG8\
%CustomPath%\
%ProgramFiles%\bugbusters\
%ProgramFiles%\Bugbusters\AVG Antivirus 8\
%ProgramFiles%\Grisoft\AVG8\
%SystemDrive%\AVG\AVG8\
%ProgramFiles%\AVG8\
%SystemDrive%\Sicherheit\AVG8\
%ProgramFiles%\\AVG\AVG8\
\%Program Files%\avg\avg8\
%ProfilesDirectory%\%UserName%\Desktop\Ghost\
%SystemDrive%\Internet Security\AVG8\

Basically AVG8 AntiVirus :(

Here's what I'd suggest
Uninstall your AVG Antivirus
Then run the removal tool
Here is the 32Bit version (most users): http://www.avg.com/filedir/util/avg_arm_sup_____.dir/avgremover.exe
Here is the 64Bit version: http://www.avg.com/filedir/util/avg_arv_sup_____.dir/avgremoverx64.exe

Run CCleaner

Install Avira free AntiVirus

Problem Solved :grinthumb

Although you might want to go through UPDATED 8-step Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back