Playing GTA IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punkid

check my system specs....i want to play gta iv , my system gives me around 23fps with all settings medium and resolution set to 1440x900

i want to get more fps but no matter which settings i lower, it doesnt help,only using a lower resolution helps....is there any way that i can mayb overclock my graphics card a bit so that i can get a few more FPS at 1440x900?

Well, you have 2 gigs of ram, which I think for any gamer that plays current games is a big NO. Your video card isnt even built to handle the game with higher textures. As I'll say now, upgrade your vga, and anyone else will say it too.

1440x900! No way with the 9500GT. I'll second supersmash here. A new video card is in order.

:(:(:( i recently bought a new hard disk and im broke,so buying something is out of question...

will buying 2 more gigs of RAM help? cuz RAM is pretty cheap and i might be able to afford that for now...and if you were to suggest a nice,cheap video card ,which one would it be?

yes maxing ram out to 4GB would be great, but that's only if you have a 64 bit version of an operating system.

yes i have 64bit , but wud it help in the game or not? and also tell me about graphics card

What's your budget Punkid? Anything below a 9800GT would be a bad choice. I'm using the 9800 but I realise that it's grown old already!

And do max out the RAM since you're on a 64Bit OS.

dont have no money for a graphics card yet, jst looking at what i might be able to afford...
and yea ill be looking into more ram in a few weeks hopefully

Just hold out a while. DX11 cards are going to be released soon. You may expect a price drop on the current breed of cards then.

for the price the 4770 is alot better card than the 9800 gt it is even better than the 4850 in most benchmarks ati cards are alot better bang for your buck i dont so much like nvidia cards anymore since there way overpriced vs performance.

Just hold out a while. DX11 cards are going to be released soon. You may expect a price drop on the current breed of cards then.

as i said before, im not going for a new graphics card any time soon...

for the price the 4770 is alot better card than the 9800 gt it is even better than the 4850 in most benchmarks ati cards are alot better bang for your buck i dont so much like nvidia cards anymore since there way overpriced vs performance.

i checked out the 4770 , its a pretty nice card...does it require a 6-pin power connector?

+1 klepto12.

The 4770 is a better card than the 9800GT. I mentioned the 9800 only because the OP asked for something on nVidia's turf. :)

a friend of mine bought a 9800gt and it turned out to be some GREEN model and it sucks big time....he has a quad core cpu (q8200 i guess) with 4gb RAM and his system can only squeez a few more FPS in crysis than mine

That's a bad card. Not for any level of high res gaming. My 9800GT handles Crysis on DX9 with all settings to High, 2X AA @ 1280x1024 just fine. Getting about 35-40 FPS on average.

However, the HD4770 is better than the 9800. But its really difficult to get hold of one of them. IMO the HD4850 would be better.

the 4770 requires less power and is as good or better than a 4850 unless your playing at like 1950 x 1080 resolution then the 4850 pulls ahead i say go for the 4770 or a good priced 4850 since there basically the same price right now. and rit sorry i wasnt dissing the 9800 i was just stating the 4770 was a better card the 9800 gt which is basically an 8800 gt has been one of the best cards money can buy for a long time and does give good performance in most games :)

i wont be playing at resolutions over 1440x900..i checked 4850 too and its nice...but the thing is that in the place where i live the prices arent what you find on newegg and there isnt much variety either... i know this cuz when i was buying a hard drive last week, i had to go to so many shops and only found 1tb drives at 2 or 3 shops....i wanted a caviar black so i had no choice and only one shop had it...cost me about 125 dollars whereas newegg's price is 95 dollars

by the way, how about the GTS 250 ,how is that compared to 4770???and its cheaper than 4770 too

I know how it is Punkid. You can't imagine the premium at which we have to get hold of stuff back here.

@ klepto : Hey, don't apologise. I didn't take it badly. I know what you were talking about. :)
BTW, If the 4770 and 4850 cost approximately the same, which would you bet on? And the 4770 is pretty hard to get I hear.

by the way, how about the GTS 250 ,how is that compared to 4770???and its cheaper than 4770 too

i would still go with the 4850 over the 4770 but they trade blows back and forth as does the gts 250 there all around the same but the 4850 and gts 250 will use alot more power than the 4770.

The GTS 250 would be slightly faster IMO. However, when OCd the 4770 is much better. And yes, as klepto mentions, the 4770 uses much less power as it has a 40nm chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back