Popping crackling when I connect Xbox 360 wireless adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gflo

Hi

i just built my first computer yesterday(specs are at bottom) and i also bought the xbox 360 wireless adapter thingy that lets me use my 360 wireless controller for gaming and for some reason whenever i plug it in the sound gets all poppy and crackly and i have to restart the computer to fix that im pretty sure its the mobo's problem because when i first booted up(w/o adapter plugged in) it had that problem until i installed the drivers i heard something about disabling the usb audio legacy drivers but when i did that my computer wouldn't boot so i reset to defaults and now im here

any help would be appericated

gflo

Computer specs

asus m2n sli mobo
seagate 200gb barracuda hdd
antec earthwatts 500wat
xfx geforce 9800gt
amd athlon x2 5600+
4gb ocz special ops dual channel ram
Vista home premium 64bit dual booted Xp pro 32bit(same on both OSes)

What exactly does that X360 adapter hook up to, USB 2.0 port? If so, once you installed the drivers it should allow the system to boot normally. Perhaps the device is configurable through gaming devices? If there is any software (not drivers) required to use the adapter/controller, maybe it needs to be patched/updated for use with that mobo?

well i couldent save the onboard but i did have a sb live card in my dell and after hunting i found some drivers for vista for it and if anyone need some help with the vista drivers for sb live i can point them to the link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back